DIY Image Transfer on Wood Slice - Flower Power

$7

I took part in monthly blog challenge with a theme "Flower Power", where we all had to come up with an idea. I had this wood slice for a long time and it was crying out for a project. I decided to attempt image transfer using a printed image and 'antique' it a little.. here is what I did.
I sand the wood slice until it was nice and smooth. You can buy a readily made wood slice and avoid this step. I had a raw slice so it needed a little work. I then painted it using Old Fashioned Milk Paint in Buttermilk (you can avoid this step and paint around afterwards)
I used image transfer medium and an image I had printed out (I used a laser jet printer. This is important as inkjet prints will bleed).  Following instructions, I layered the image transfer medium on the wood slice and also on the image and placed it face down. 
I used an old credit card to smooth over the bubbles and left it to dry for 8 hours.
I sponged over with wet sponge and let it sit for a few minutes, and rubbed the paper off!
Be gentle when rubbing the paper, as it is wet and the image may rub off as well.
Mine did on the left corner! As I didn't want t start it all over again, I simply decided to blend it and "antique" it a little so that it looks weathered and worn out..
I sanded around the edges

I then blended different paint colours to match the slice and the image.
The put a sealant over and it was done

• Wood slice  (already had)
  • Decoart Image Transfer Medium  (Craft Store)
  • Image/print  (printed out)

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
From Evija with Love

• Karen Krysowaty

It looks wonderful, but what did you put on the transfer when you turned it over and how to leave it dry?
    • From Evija with Love

Thank you Karen, if you click on the link to the blog it should explain in more detail. Good luck, look forward to seeing what you make!