Flowers for the Fence

1 Material
$10

Turn your fence into a year round garden!
I saw a post I believe on here of flowers on a fence. I have a little girl and loved the idea so I gave it a try. I bought 4 platters, 4 bowls and 2 pool noodles from DT. I added little acrylic jewels in the center to cover the nails. I drilled holes through the bowls and platters and nailed them to the fence below the I used a half a pool noodle for each flower as a stem And also nailed them in place. The nails kind of sink in where they aren't very visible In the noodles. My little girl loves them. Can't be 4 huge flowers for $10! Next I'm going to try my hand at making plastic bugs!
I began by drilling holes in the center of the platters. These are very thin and prone to cracking to use a very small bit but big enough for a small nail to fit through
this step is the same as the platters. I flipped them over and drilled through the back as there was a little round spot at the center. omce you have both the platters and bowls done. Stack one of each together and nail to the fence.
Cut the pool noodles in half length wise. This will give you a total of 4 stems. I nailed them to the fence beneath the flowers. One small nail at the top and one at the bottom. The nails aren't really noticeable as they sink into the foam a bit.
After the flowers were up I glued clear acrylic jewels over the flower nail heads using E6000 glue.

• (4)Platters, (4)bowls, (2)pool noodles,(4) acrylic jewels  (Dollar Tree)

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

• Sara

I wonder if a strong glue (Gorilla Glue) would work instead of nails? Your thoughts?