Pallet Furniture

$0

My friend challenged me and brought me three pallets to see what I could make out of them. She really wanted some new furniture for her patio so I decided to give it a try. I was able to make a bench, a table, a chair and a small wine holder all from pallet wood! Here's how:
My friend brought me three pallets which she got for free from a store. Picture only shows two but there where three.
The first pallet I used to create a chair for her patio. Came out pretty well!
On to the table and side table. Then I used another pallet to create a table and side table, I just love how small plants and other items can fit inside the indented area.
Here are all three pieces together. I love how they came out!
For the bench I used one pallet and four pieces of 2 x 2 I had to use as legs.
And here are all of the pieces painted and sitting pretty on my friend's patio. I'd say it was a successful endeavor! Hope you enjoyed!

• Arg27148259

Where do you get pallets for free
    • Gale

Be careful when choosing pallets, some are treated with chemicals!
  • Yitz

Nice job!
    On the chair and bench - how did you secure the back to the frame? This tends to be a challenging spot and can be weak and wobbly. Thanks.
    • Carolina

Thanks! the front of the pallet used for the back has shorter legs than the back so that the short legs land on the seat pallet. It is hard to explain. Here is a drawing of the side to explain. Hope you can understand it.
  • Yitz

How did you nail into the wood without cracking it? Whenever I've used pallet wood it is always very dry and splits easily. I found it easier, more effective and a better use of my time to just buy some fresh new wood for my wood building projects. Thanks.
    • Carolina

Honestly, I did not drill a hole first but I also did not have cracking problems. It could just be the type of nail or the wood not being too dry. Not sure.