Clara Nicole
Clara Nicole
  • San Antonio, TX

Fabric Pumpkin "Hello" Fall Wreath

$75

Fabric pumpkins are so cute and you can do them in almost every pattern, fabric and decorate them any way you like. My teen daughters make them by hand and sell them. So I'm lucky that i have plenty to choose from to use in my own designs. This tutorial will show you how to put together a Fall wreath using fabric pumpkins that you can teach yourself how to make or purchase any that you find at a store. Lots of florals, picks and greenery were used in this design, which hikes up the initial cost of supplies. There is more than enough supplies to make and design/sell 3 of these.
Supplies Needed
Supplies Needed
Here are supplies you'll need. A 10 x5 wood, chalk paste, chalk paint, transfer (hello), lg brush, touch up brush, wire cutters, scissors, stapler, hot glue gun (not pictured), hot glue sticks
Vine & Fabric Pumpkins
Vine & Fabric Pumpkins
Purchase an 18' vine wreath and either make your own fabric pumpkins via Pinterest or Youtube. You may also find them at almost any craft store or home decor store during the major holiday season and also several months before.
Blues blues blues
Blues blues blues
I'm loving blues this fall season so i selected several blue stems, florals , stems, picks with cream pumpkins on them. I also found some cotton boll picks that I fell in love with. Florals can get expensive when they are premium, and not Dollar Tree. To have a great Fall wreath packed with everything you see, an investment is necessary. The end look will be worth it.
Various greenry
Various greenry
I use alot of greenery in alot of my designs so i tend to use multiple bushes in mine. Here i will be using 4 different bushes and incorporating them heavily.
Fall colored foliage and stems
Fall colored foliage and stems
Since this a Fall themed design, you mush have traditional fall colors in it. Here im using whispy stems, fall leaves and some other traditional fall picks.
Junk Paint-Black Velvet Money
Junk Paint-Black Velvet Money
I painted one side of my 11.5 x 5" wooden sign with Junk Monkey Paint-"Black Velvet". It is a chalk style paint that can be purchase thru FB or online. One coat should be fine. Also paint the edges if you like.
Attaching fabric pumpkins
Attaching fabric pumpkins
My daughters handmade over 500 pumpkins this year and shipped out over 300. I have plenty of cute one to pick from. You can purchase from my facebook page or purchase any pumpkins you like at a decor store. There are also Youtube and pinterest tutorials. I used a pipe cleaner weaved thru the yarn to grab the pumpkin. I then pushed the pipecleaner thru the vine and twisted in the back to keep in place.
Making sign attachable
Making sign attachable
I have to rig signs often so i tend to use pipecleaners to help me. I stapled 2 down on each corner of the sign and then hot glued over the staples. This will hold the sign in place once i attach it to the wreath.
Back of wreath
Back of wreath
Here you can see how the wreath is attached and the pipecleaners are coming out the back end. Twist tightly and clip off excess.
Hot glue florals, greenery etc
Hot glue florals, greenery etc
To firmly hold florals, stems, greenery and whatever other picks you are using, hot glue the stems and push thru the vine wherever you like. This is where your design and creativity come into play. I usually add all my greenery first. Then i work in my picks and florals.
More fun picks
More fun picks
Here i added more orange ball picks, blue florals and whispy sprays. Keep adding until you achieve desired look.
Chalk Couture Hello Sign
Chalk Couture Hello Sign
I used a Chalk Couture silkscreen transfer "Hello" for this sign. They are resusable and can be purchase thru me under team "down2chalk". They are easy to use and help you make a sign very fast. The white Chalkology Paste is simply spread over the transfer with a squeegee and then you lift up the transfer after a few seconds. Instantly, you'll have this look. Since it is a chalk style paste, be sure and seal it with was or spray gloss. Finish off the sign by sanding the edges for a rustic look
Finished Fabric Pumpkin wreath
Finished Fabric Pumpkin wreath
Here is my finished fabric Pumpkin wreath.

• Vine wreath, hot glue gun, hot glue sticks, pipe cleaners, paint brushes,  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Wire cutters, scissors, sand block, stapelr  (Wal-Mart)
  • Hello Transfer & Chalk Paste  (Chalk Couture)

Clara Nicole

• Liza Erisme

do you have a finished pic?
    • Clara Nicole

hi Liza sorry i wasnt finished completing project before it posted. It should be complete now. Thank you

• Pameladavisshedd

Love the fall wreath, shared with all female friends......45.....,.how do I subscribe?
    This is my wreath, but am going to try yours

• Clara Nicole

Hi Pamela can you clarify what you'd like to subscribe to? You can message me on my facebook business page www.facebook.com/claranicoleshescraftytoo
  • Pameladavisshedd

How did you do the "hello" transfer without paint?