Faux Fossil Forest Concrete Coasters

$1

Amazingly easy concrete with NO use of a mold and just your old CD cases! It really can't get easier than this. Nature brings us such amazingly detailed leaves so why not use them? You don't need any painting or artistic skills here but the final product is a mind blower!

Use RapidSet Cement All for this crazy-easy DIY project and amaze everyone! Trust me, it will baffle you... Go outside and get some big leaves and hunt out those CD cases.

Mix up a bit of concrete...

For detailed instructions with pictures visit here. Use the CD case to flatten the concrete mix onto the leaf. It will imprint the leaf vein pattern on the coasters and let cure with the case in place.

Cured after one hour and almost finished (3 or so mm thick). Peel back the leaf, and be completely amazed! Every minute detail is now carved in stone; I mean concrete... To protect table surfaces trace the shape onto some felt or cork, cut and glue to the back. (details and Pics on my site)

Was I not right!? So cool, easy and quite strong. Quickly finish the coasters with a bit of paint. Each is an original work of art that nature and you created! Can you believe it?!

Make a bunch in no time. Perfect hostess gifts with a bottle of wine (leaves are grape leaves)

More absolutely unique concrete and more here

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
MadeByBarb