Turning porch into sun room need ideas for finishing ugly cement floor

+5
  • How about putting down a room sized indoor / outdoor rug? Or how about painting it?
  • Peg Peg on Aug 21, 2017
    You can cover the cement floor with your choice. Paint it, tile it, etc.
  • Sharon Sharon on Aug 21, 2017
    2-part epoxy floor with finishes like flake, metallic, glitter, granite etc. Lots of videos .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRrlPKKGwQ
  • Mim28892103 Mim28892103 on Aug 21, 2017
    royal stencils has mosaic televera and other design categories like bohemian and contemporary stencils and once you decide on a design first you want to paint your floor with a chalk paint then add the design and cover with two or three layers of polyurethane
  • Susan K Mullins Susan K Mullins on Aug 21, 2017
    Stain the concrete and add a rug to the center or paint a rug on the top of the stained concrete.
  • SnowWhite SnowWhite on Aug 21, 2017
    If you're going to use it for entertainin, go different with an expensive look: etched concrete. Use epoxy sealer over it.
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 21, 2017
    Hello MsJudy; There are endless possibilities when it comes to redecorating an older porch!!!
    Home Depot, as well as many other stores sells a wide variety of paints for Concrete.
    I personally have worked on several homes and Businesses, where I have redone concrete floors.
    It is time consuming, but the end results are Amazing.
    The last place that I was involved with, was a high end Hair Salon.
    The floor now looks like Antique Marble!!! It truly turned out Stunning!!!
    I hope that the below links will give you ideas!!!
    Have fun remodeling your porch! Take Care!!
    www.diynetwork.com/how-to/rooms-and-spaces/floors/how-to-paint-a-concrete-floor
    homeguides.sfgate.com › Home › Home Improvement › Home Painting