Painted Front Door -- Be Bold and Stand Out!

$25

I have always wanted to paint our front screen door a different color so it really stands out. We actually have a PhD Art Therapist at my work and I ran some ideas by her before deciding on the teal route (we have colored patio furniture as well). While at OSH I picked up a few paint chips of potential candidates and decided on TROPICAL TEAL (see Benjamin Moore swatch below). Finally got around to painting the door this past weekend and we L-O-V-E it!!!

If you have a steady hand, you can paint the wording on, but it was much easier for me to add the decal. :-) I've seen some doors with the words "Hello" or "Welcome" on them that are quite charming!

It definitely does stand out, and we are the only house for blocks around that actually have a front door painted in a bold color. Very easy to do and only took a single afternoon and 3 coats.

I used small foam brushes to get the nooks and crannies of the raised trim pieces. Next I'm going to add plumerias to both sides of the wording and make a tropical wreath to hang, as well so stay tuned!

• Benjamin Moore Tropical Teal  (Orchard Supply House)
  • Foam paint brushes  (Dollar Tree)
  • Aloha decal  (Amazon)

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants