Asked on Aug 23, 2017

How can I make veins in the Rustola paint to make it look like granite

EmilyBeth SternJewellmartin
+5

I'm going to paint my kitchen countertop white. I'd like to know how to make the veins in it to look like it is granite. I've seen pictures of this idea but I don't know how to do it. Please Help !!

• Sharon
    Sharon

When veining a marble I use a turkey feather, you can also use a fine paint brush. Its best to have a picture of what your trying to replicate. Most granite has speckles of various colors,... you can use a sea sponge, a piece of screen and a tooth brush, and simply fleck paint onto the surface by flicking the loaded brush onto the surface. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oua3eOARiRs
  • KatAych
    KatAych

Make sure you look at pictures of real marble so you know the true look you're going for. Lots of tutorials on Youtube -- also, i suggest you test your technique on scrap wood until you get comfortable. Good luck!
  • Linda
    Linda

need to buy thin brush I like a fan brush. Sea sponge to soften. Wash sponge here and there so it doesnt muddy up the colors and as above look at picture of what u like and colors.
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

And if you only go for veins it may look more like marble, not granite. The flecks in granite help disguise spills and stains, but if you use a really hard poly seal, the stains won't go into your faux granite surface anyway. Best wishes 😇
  • Beth Stern
    Beth Stern

Use a feather
  • Emily
    Emily

You actually need a demonstration or art classes to learn to do this skillfully. There may be you tube demonstrations and there are many art books to describe various paint finishes or you could just wing it as you could wipe the whole thing off and repaint!