Rachel
Rachel
  • Houston, TX

DIY Craft Ironing Table

My mom was about to get rid of an old TV tray. Since she had recently taken up quilting, I decided to repurpose this old tray into something that would be useful for her new hobby.
I covered the top of the tray in batting and a layer of fabric. The table now serves as an ironing table. My mom keeps it next to her sewing table so she can just turn and iron her quilting squares.
This is great for quilters or anyone who likes to sew. It's would also be great for a college student's dorm room. You can pick a fabric to match your style and taste.
diy craft ironing table, craft rooms, crafts, painted furniture
Rachel

• Geri

Hi Rachel, this is a genius idea! But it looks like the link to your instructions might be broken ... can you fix it?

• Nam17738462

your link is not working

• Audrey

I agree. Rachel can you provide the instructions? I would love to try out this project.

• Cindy spalsbury

Great idea,I'm moving to smaller space an may do this since I love to sew! Thanks for sharing!!!!

• Karen Householder

This idea couldn't have come at a better time. I just threw away my old dilapidated ironing board. My Kitchen table was being used as my temporary board. I just happen to have 4 of these with a stand I was going to give away. Now I can make 2. 1 for the kitchen and 1 for my closet upstairs. Thank you!!!