Falling Leaves Light Up Wreath

$30

This isn’t a traditional wreath, my Falling Leaves Wreath is more of a horizontal wreath. I have been enjoying my Dollar Tree outdoor chandelier I made earlier this summer and decided it was time for a replacement. We don’t get pretty fall leaves in Florida, but I love them, so I decided I would make my own falling autumn leaves.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
I picked up three inexpensive packages of artificial fall leaves, a styrofoam wreath and one fall leaf garland.  
I wrapped my styrofoam wreath with burlap to cover it, securing it with floral pins.
When I had my wreath completely covered with the burlap, I began pinning the leafy garland to the wreath.
I secured it with the same pins I used to secure the burlap to the styrofoam wreath.
This is how my wreath looks at this point with the garland attached completely.
I used four pieces of hemp rope tied around the wreath and tied together about two and a half feet above my wreath.  The knot will be where I will hang the wreath from a hook on my porch.
My packages of loose fall leaves were sorted and glued onto some of my hemp strings.  I glued them with a tiny dab of hot glue with the string between two of the leaves.
With smaller leaves, I glued a couple of them together on one side of the string and one larger leaf on the other side.  When I had several of these strings complete, I tied them on my wreath to hang beneath it.
I added three strings of tiny battery operated lights that come on automatically every evening and turn off after 5 hours.  I have my own falling leaves on my back porch despite the fact that we don’t have colorful fall leaves here in central Florida. For any questions or more detail you can check out the post at Celebrate & Decorate.

Chloe Crabtree

• Phyllis

I'm not allowed to hang anything from my celling inside or outside of my apartment. But you gave me the beautiful idea for a cascading leaf wreath for my door. Thank you. Yours is beautiful!

• Kathy Kovacev

I have come to believe that you are my go to favorite. Beautiful!