Ideas what to do with building's Foundations

+4
This is part of the building's Foundations
The contractor said it can't be cut down.
I'm looking for original suggestions what to do withe the space.

Size: 160x80cm
37cm tall

Any comments will be appreciate
q ideas what to do with building s foundations
  • Grace Merrells Grace Merrells on Aug 26, 2017
    Add cushions and use it as a seat? What is the purpose of the room as a whole?
    Or perhaps use it to display something really nice. I have a spinning wheel my father made, that would be an example of what to display but really it depends on what will be happening around it. Can it be used for a pretty heater? Eg a wood burning one.

• Ptrish Ptrish on Aug 26, 2017
    it would make a great seat bench with cushions and even a decorative wooden pallet back. Add additional height and make it into a tiered shelf with baskets for storage
  • Nevada Grgich Nevada Grgich on Aug 26, 2017
    make it it to extra seating if this is a paly area for children large cusion lots of fun colored pillows

• Sharon Sharon on Aug 26, 2017
    Do you mean cut down that box along the wall? whats in there? Get a second or third opinion. If its nothing you need to access, I would build a book case around it to the ceiling, and if access is needed make the lower shelf(ves) removable or hinged to lift up for access.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 26, 2017
    Any of the above +could be a built in cupboard - Dresser - Bookcase - TV Cabinet or for a Pedestal Flower Arrangement, with a large Mirror on the wall behind. Or Could place a Bedstead over it. or Dressing table. I take it this is an upstairs room as this appears to be a Bulkhead. You could Put a Chest of Drawers on it etc........
  • Pat Ruge Pat Ruge on Sep 06, 2017
    Is this in the garage? If so, I think I would build a custom work bench on or around it, or perhaps add storage cabinets.
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Sep 08, 2017
    Is this room in a basement or upper level of the home? What is the room presently used for? What are the adjoining rooms used for? What is under the box? I don't see any opening to it from the present picture; is it essential plumbing that you need to have continued access to?
    If you gave a little more info, Hometalkers would be able to ansewer you question with more specific answers, rather than with just random ideas.