Toilet Our soft closer toilet seat will no longer stay up!

+10
Our soft closer toilet seat will no longer stay up for the men in my family.

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Aug 26, 2017
    "... On the bottom of the toilet seat, at the back just below where it connects there will be a small plastic nut on each side holding the toilet seat to the toilet.
    You might be able to loosen those nuts and adjust the seat a bit further forwards before tightening the nuts up. It might be enough to make it stay upright. ... "
    by user 14020 pjhsv
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Aug 26, 2017
    They are really easy to change and not expensive . I'd just change it .
  • 13526476 13526476 on Aug 27, 2017
    Searching on line, this seems to be a common complaint! Not knowing the brand, there are fixes for the seat issue, including hinges, dampers, fluid replacement or removing the seat/lid to make an adjustment. I'd suggest Googling the brand of toilet followed by "soft close seat.". Also, a couple of toilet brands have warranty information.
  • Dana Dana on Aug 27, 2017
    most women don't want the seat up.. 😉 I have the manual one. Never wears out.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 27, 2017
    I had the same problem. Someone out of habit closed it quick, that's why it doesn't work properly. Tighten the plastic bolts just slightly, and see how that is. It might just need a little more to make it work again. Good Luck!
  • Bbunny42 Bbunny42 on Aug 27, 2017
    And if none of these remedies work, perhaps the men in your family could "go retro" and bend over and lift up the seat!
  • Kaye Kaye on Aug 27, 2017
    thank you everyone for taking the time to try and resove my problem!
  • Kaye Kaye on Aug 28, 2017
    thanks to everyone the problem is now solved.