Craft Room Reveal

$0
1 Day

I’ve had this Craft Room done for about six months now but I forgot to show y’all! Let me give you a little explanation about it: I live in a basement apartment–a temporary home until we get our own house next year–and it mostly consists of one enormous room. I had to make the most of this room, so it works as our living room, family room, craft room, and office.
My crafting table is two tables from IKEA…just the cheap white tabletops with the screw in legs.  This is a very affordable solution for a table and I love the white backdrop when I take tutorial pictures.  The chair and lamp are also IKEA…I think you should know by now that my life savings have been spent there.  I am an IKEA lover at heart.
It’s also the perfect height for the wire basket drawers that go underneath.  I have four sets and they hold all my fabric (of which I have a lot.)  As you can see, it’s not all folded pretty…although some are.  That top drawer is full of scraps.  The bottom drawer is full of precut 5×5 squares, which I used in my puff quilting selling days.
For the rest of the storage, I have my IKEA Expedit 4×4.  I wanted the 5×5 but at the time they were sold out.  But in my next craft room (and yes it will be an entire room dedicated just for that) I will get the 5×5.  I bought four black fabric drawers at IKEA and actually just painted the fabric in the colors you see…then I stenciled on a design in chalkboard paint so I can write chalk on it if I want to.

I have some vintage briefcases on top that hold some other supplies that I don’t use very often.  Being a craft blogger has the definite perk of trying out a lot of craft supplies (even if I rarely use it.)  That’s why I have SO much.  And those lamps on top are for photography.  I have one of those fold-up tents for winter time food shoots.
I won that awesome giant Cut it Out Frame from a Blogger party last year and I wasn’t sure what to do with it.  But then I bought some tin at Home Depot and snipped it to size…now it is a magnet board!

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Honeybear Lane

1 comment