Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

Thrift Store Find Turned Into a Photo Clock (great DIY Gift Idea!)

You can turn a cheap thrift store find into something to treasure: a photo clock! This is a fantastic gift for Father's Day or for grandparents, too. See how it's done below, and check out the blog for a complete step-by-step tutorial. Tick tock, it's time to make a photo clock for your office or kids room!
This sweet photo clock is perfect as a gift or for your office or even a kids' room.
It started as a thrift store find. I made sure the clock worked, and disabled the 'chirping' sound!
First, have a favorite photo printed large enough to fit the clock face.  Then use the glass as a template to trace around the photo and trim to size.
First, have a favorite photo printed large enough to fit the clock face. Then use the glass as a template to trace around the photo and trim to size.
This step will depend on the particular setup of your clock. For mine, I created a hole in the center and was able to manipulate the clock hands through it-- though in a somewhat crazy manner, if you can tell from the post!
Once in place, I put everything back together and gave the photo clock as a gift to my husband for father's day. It's in his office, reminding him each day what (and who!) he's working for, ha!

Carrie MakingLemonade