Spray Paint & Glaze Kitchen Counter Make Over

$200
Advanced

Making your Formica counter tops into trendy counter tops for 200.00 is a dream come true!
Before
Preparation is key! Scrub counters, sand them clean & smooth. Use tac cloth to get all the fine dirt removed.
Rustoleum Spray Paint & Flexible sandpaper
You can use acrylic paint, you can use the sponge paint to make a faux granite look but for me & my house I wanted black high gloss and I have a hubby who has a talent with laying down spray paint so we used 4 cans & plenty of ventilation!
The paper on the wall was for over spray
If you are NOT using spray paint just cover the bottom cupboards and lay paper on floor to catch the self leveling glaze.
After spray paint dried for an hour hubby used high end paint brush to drag the glaze heavily over all the surface and back.
Lowes: Glaze Coat 68.98 or if you go to Home Depot they have EnviroTex Lite pour on high gloss finish. Ask for it about the same price. Its not just wood varnish its an epoxy like glaze that self levels itself but will drip down the cabinets. You can buy "kits" or you can go this way & be real DIY! You can watch youtube videos to gain confidence . I just wanted to show you this amazing transformation!
Ta Da!
Back Splash
Ran out of time the weekend and the stainless black appliances will be here next week. I'll come back and show all of the make over later!

Ogmichelle45

• Jpl31688012

How is it holding up? All the tutorials I have seen use a bonding primer after sanding. I bought same Glaze kit and I would like to just spray paint some metallic over my countertop without the bonding primer because I like the color of my countertops. Looks like you sanded, spray painted, and glazed like I want to do.
  • Schwarzy

I am getting ready to tackle my kitchen and can't afford to replace the countertops. I was thinking about something like this as well. I was wondering how are they holding up to normal wear and tear?

• Rona Connelly

what happened to your blog?

• Diana Deiley

I think it looks awesome. I love the shiny black against the bright white. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
  • Michelle Masterson

Since these pictures we have added hardwood floors and plantation shutter over sink. Its holding up great!!!!!!!!!