Would appreciate suggestions for making inexpensive curtain rods

+10
We have some very large windows (4) that would actually making purchasing something decorative prohibitively expensive. Thanks in advance,

• Jax MacFadyen Jax MacFadyen on Aug 30, 2017
    I buy white plastic pipe from B & Q the length and width you require. Use large cup type hooks to fix it up and all you need to do is buy the finnials for the ends. you can paint it any colour.

• Lad12846196 Lad12846196 on Aug 30, 2017
    cut dowels to size. you can even paint or stain them. the end pieces [what holds them to the wall] can be bought for little to nothing
  • Hof28256177 Hof28256177 on Aug 30, 2017
    Have you tried using a dowel from the hardware store. They do the trick for us
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 30, 2017
    You don't say how long these rods should be. Give more details.
  • NQ. NQ. on Aug 30, 2017
    if your drapes are havey, u might metal rod. Get some in Home Depot. Cut to size they will do it
  • Yellow Lab Mama Yellow Lab Mama on Aug 30, 2017
    tree branches ! Old bows!
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 30, 2017
    Dowels are only so long, check with Homedepot or Lowe's and see if the have the size you need. If their grommets, it should be easy. Good Luck!
    Yard sticks with tab curtains are cute go to thrify stores
  • Sue Sanders Sue Sanders on Aug 30, 2017
    Saw on home decorating site that a pipe was used...not sure what they used as a stop at the end. Maybe the support piece was the stop so curtains wouldnt slide of the ends.
  • Charlee Hunter Charlee Hunter on Aug 30, 2017
    I used a large wooden dowel for mine and painted it. I could not find anything that would span that length unless it was in two sections. I then put pretty finals on it , and voilà !
  • Gracie Gracie on Aug 30, 2017
    My niece just used conduit in her new home. You can paint it whatever color you want and it worked great.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Aug 30, 2017
    I'd go to the dollar store, a thrift store or A Habitat for Humanity store, before I began to make a DIY curtain rod. I see them there all the time for little cost.