How to get rid of a rat

+6
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 30, 2017
    Hope it's not the Man in your life? Rat Bate? a Large Cat? The Local Rat Catcher?
  • I have a couple no kill traps that I bait with dollar store peanut butter. Works great! Then I take them down the road and release them.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 30, 2017
    where is the rat
  • Geew Geew on Aug 30, 2017
    Exterminator
  • Denita Denita on Aug 30, 2017
    Get a glue trap put peanut butter or dried coconut, or a dried piece of shrimp in the middle of it, as soon as the rat/mouse is stuck on the glue take it out side & dispose of it OR.. pour cooking oil on the glue and the rat/mouse will be able to loosen out of the glue.

• Sharon Sharon on Aug 30, 2017
    I get the TomKat rat killer in the little bags, they eat the bag and die.
  • Ogi21604427 Ogi21604427 on Aug 30, 2017
    I have a mouse problem periodically. Use a sliver of pecan under the "hook" line and put a good smear of peanut butter on top. It attracts them quickly. I would think a larger sized rat trap with more bait would probably work. The smell of peanut butter really attracts them and they like the pecans, too.
  • Liv Liv on Mar 23, 2018
    Use a bowl of Antifreeze.
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 23, 2018
    Trap it with a rat trap, shoot it with a 22, I've even bopped it in the head with a shovel, and lastly Tom Kat rat poison.