Deb Foglia
Deb Foglia
  • Farmingdale, NJ

DIY Butcher Paper Holder

$15

I love the look of a french bistro style kitchen. I wanted to incorporate a way to have a shopping list or recipe on some butcher paper. I looked for ones to buy, but they were just too expensive...so I figured out a way to make it for way cheap and way easy!
diy butcher paper holder
STEP 1: We cute pieces of cedar 25" for base and 6" for sides. You can definitely use plywood for this as well, buy using cedar just had a nicer look, since I chose not to stain the wood.
diy butcher paper holder
Use Nail gun to nail sides and base together. Add two screws to each side, for extra support.
diy butcher paper holder
Then Use 1" spade bit to drill a hole into each side, making sure to line up evenly. If you choose to make hole prior to assembling the base and sides, that would work too.
diy butcher paper holder
Then Cut Wood Dowel to one inch over hang on each side. and Add hole with drill to add screw to prevent from slipping.
diy butcher paper holder
Then add some butcher paper! (affiliate link) Be sure that when adding paper you unravel enough to fit into holder.
diy butcher paper holder
Hang, and enjoy a cute grocery list, recipe, seasonal greeting, or whatever suits your space and style. You can also purchase hand lettering markers to make some pretty hand lettering. I'm still working on mine!

• 1" Spade Bit
  • Wooden Dowel
  • Cedar Planks
Deb Foglia

1 comment