How to get rid of mice in house, with dogs present?

+8
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 31, 2017
    Set some traps with peanut butter, and put in under your counter in the back. You can also put cat hair in an envelope, seal it, then make about 3 holes in the envelope and put it in the back of the bottom cabinets. Make several, and see if you can find someone who has a cat, to save you some hair after they brush them. This is the best way, the mice smell the hair and take off for good. Others may come in, so do the same thing, this works. No chemicals, or sprays. Good Luck!
  • Pat Smith Pat Smith on Aug 31, 2017
    how to get rid of posion ivy

• Cristine Shuldberg Cristine Shuldberg on Sep 01, 2017
    moth balls
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Sep 01, 2017
    we have always used the attic space to put down poison and traps to control rodents...our animals have no access to the space and remain safe
  • Carrie Carrie on Sep 01, 2017
    Years ago, during bathroom renovation, we put poison between the floor boards so it would safer for our children. The problem with this is that the mice moved it to my baby's dresser drawers.
  • DEBORAH BYRD DEBORAH BYRD on Sep 01, 2017
    Unfortunately, mice love the stove! We place our trap (baited with peanut butter) under the stovetop. Very quickly eliminates the problem, with no harm to our dog.
  • Olive Greenz Olive Greenz on Sep 01, 2017
    Since you have a dog I would not use any poison. I would go with Deborah Byrd and use trap with peanut butter. Or get a cat. It will make your dog happy. No, I have two cats and they don't hurt mice, they gently carry it around and look at it, like it is a pet. Check out electronic mouse traps that quickly kill.
    • See 1 previous
    • Barb Barb on Sep 01, 2017
      Sorry can't resist tootie rolls
  • Ginny Ginny on Sep 03, 2017
    Board the dogs for a few days and call a professional exterminator.