DIY Dollar Tree Storage Shelf

$10

Need more storage in your home? You can make this adorable and functional storage shelf in under 10 minutes for under $10!

Love this project? You can buy your own by clicking the link below. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
For this project, you will need some square dollar tree baskets. They come in so many different colours! I used 5 baskets for my shelf, but you can use as many as you would like. You will also need a pool noodle (also from the dollar tree) and some zip ties!

Get the materials for this project here:

Start by using the zip ties to connect the baskets together. I used two zip ties for each side of the baskets.
Lay the baskets on the floor, just like you want your shelf to look. Connect all the baskets together with zip ties to secure your shelf!
Once all your baskets are connected,place your shelf on the floor upside down. You will need to add "spacers" to the back of your shelf to ensure that it will stand up by itself. A pool noodle worked perfectly for this! You can cut your pool noodle to size with a regular kitchen knife.
Secure the pool noodle spacers in place with a little bit of super glue or hot glue.
Now your shelf is done! Stand it up and fill it with craft supplies, children's toys or just about anything else. This shelf is completely free standing, no need to attach it to the wall.
You can make this cute and functional shelf for under $10 with just one trip to the dollar store.
The end is an adorable and functional, free standing shelf that will give you more storage in your home for under $10.
Watch the full how-to video to learn how you can make an easy and functional storage shelf for under $10! Everything you need for this project can be found at The Dollar Tree.

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See

• Regina Burnett

This not a question the project , although it is very creativity . I was enjoying your the music in the interlude can you tell me who it is

• Nono

What keeps it from falling forward?

• Dianna Davis -Gorrell

If you're worried about it falling forward if you own your home take a small drywall screw and anchor it through the top basket if you're a renter then I would suggest something like command strips where you could stick it to the wall Hope this helps you out

• Em

Why not just screw the basket bottoms to a board and mount in one piece?

• Sharon

This is so cool definitely on my “ I am gonna try this” list.

• Kelly

Cute idea. For safety sake, I would definitely secure it to the wall on the top basket to prevent it from falling.