DIY Dollar Tree Storage Shelf

$10

Need more storage in your home? You can make this adorable and functional storage shelf in under 10 minutes for under $10!

Love this project? You can buy your own by clicking the link below. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
For this project, you will need some square dollar tree baskets. They come in so many different colours! I used 5 baskets for my shelf, but you can use as many as you would like. You will also need a pool noodle (also from the dollar tree) and some zip ties!

Get the materials for this project here:

Start by using the zip ties to connect the baskets together. I used two zip ties for each side of the baskets.
Lay the baskets on the floor, just like you want your shelf to look. Connect all the baskets together with zip ties to secure your shelf!
Once all your baskets are connected,place your shelf on the floor upside down. You will need to add "spacers" to the back of your shelf to ensure that it will stand up by itself. A pool noodle worked perfectly for this! You can cut your pool noodle to size with a regular kitchen knife.
Secure the pool noodle spacers in place with a little bit of super glue or hot glue.
Now your shelf is done! Stand it up and fill it with craft supplies, children's toys or just about anything else. This shelf is completely free standing, no need to attach it to the wall.
You can make this cute and functional shelf for under $10 with just one trip to the dollar store.
The end is an adorable and functional, free standing shelf that will give you more storage in your home for under $10.
Watch the full how-to video to learn how you can make an easy and functional storage shelf for under $10! Everything you need for this project can be found at The Dollar Tree.

• Patricia Wirtshafter Smith

Can u do this with bigger bins for shirts & sweaters?

• Sheryl Gilliland

I used medium Rubbermaid storage containers to pack and move. After settling in, there was no where to store the containers, So I stacked them on their sides alternately,

(open side to the wall, then open side out to the room) It made a two sided shelving and room divider.

• Dawn Bohnen

What to do with plastic coffee cans

• Wanda Rodgers

I use mine to store homemade laundry soap, in the garden for storing my snips and an oil rag to keep them from becoming rusty.

• Regina Burnett

This not a question the project , although it is very creativity . I was enjoying your the music in the interlude can you tell me who it is

• Lynne

love this idea, and thanks

• Jody

This will be so cute in a pink one and a blue one for the twins bedrooms at ga ga’s house. Couldn't say grandma so I was named gaga which is fine with me.