DIY Dollar Tree Storage Shelf

$10

Need more storage in your home? You can make this adorable and functional storage shelf in under 10 minutes for under $10!

Love this project? You can buy your own by clicking the link below. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
For this project, you will need some square dollar tree baskets. They come in so many different colours! I used 5 baskets for my shelf, but you can use as many as you would like. You will also need a pool noodle (also from the dollar tree) and some zip ties!

Get the materials for this project here:

diy dollar tree storage shelf
Start by using the zip ties to connect the baskets together. I used two zip ties for each side of the baskets.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
Lay the baskets on the floor, just like you want your shelf to look. Connect all the baskets together with zip ties to secure your shelf!
diy dollar tree storage shelf
Once all your baskets are connected,place your shelf on the floor upside down. You will need to add "spacers" to the back of your shelf to ensure that it will stand up by itself. A pool noodle worked perfectly for this! You can cut your pool noodle to size with a regular kitchen knife.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
Secure the pool noodle spacers in place with a little bit of super glue or hot glue.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
Now your shelf is done! Stand it up and fill it with craft supplies, children's toys or just about anything else. This shelf is completely free standing, no need to attach it to the wall.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
You can make this cute and functional shelf for under $10 with just one trip to the dollar store.
diy dollar tree storage shelf
The end is an adorable and functional, free standing shelf that will give you more storage in your home for under $10.
Watch the full how-to video to learn how you can make an easy and functional storage shelf for under $10! Everything you need for this project can be found at The Dollar Tree.
ClutterBug

• Ashley

Cute idea, but my kid would demolish this in under a week, easy...lol

• ClutterBug

I ended up putting it in the corner of my daughters room for stuffier and books. Still standing!!

• Peggy Lockard Shermer

you can buy all these materials at a dollar tree