Paper Plate Holders Turned Chic Wall Decor!

$10

I bet you've seen these retro paper plate holders at the thrift store, or perhaps you have some hiding in the back of your kitchen cabinet! Now is the time to dig them out and give them a new life by turning them into one-of-a-kind wall art! Check out what I did with mine, and if you like this thrifty project don't miss my Top 10 Thrift Store Makeovers!
What You'll Need: rattan paper plate holders, painter's tape, spray paint, small nails
Paper plate holders no more! With just spray paint and tape you can give them a geometric makeover. They make for a fun accent wall in our living room, and your guests will be amazed that you made them for pennies!
Step 1: Cover the part of the plates that you don't want to paint with painters tape. Use your fingernail to seal the edge tape to the plate holder and tightly as possible so paint doesn't seep underneath.
Step 2: Add a coat of spray paint to the front of the paper plate holder and remove tape to reveal the design.
Step 3: Experiment with various designs by taping off different sections of the plates. A grouping of 6-9 plates looks best.
I love making decor by repurposing and upcycling thrifted items like these! Did you know you can even embroider on these rattan plate holders? Check out my DIY embroidered thrifted baskets here!

3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo

• Kris Ward

Gawjuss, What did You use to hang Them please ?? Great Work, love Them...😀😀😀
    • Donda Allison Goggins

A regular straight pin (if slightly angled into the wall) will hold up to 5 lbs. I use them for all my light-weight items. No fuss, no muss! 😁

• Carol

Very cute!

• Susan QC

I had to chuckle when I saw these called "retro". It implies something not in use any more. Also laughed about "hidden in the back of a cabinet". Mine are right up front and used on almost a daily basis. What does everyone else use under their paper plates if not these? Anyway...cute and clever idea.