DIY Desk Drawer Organizer With Sliding Trays From Cardboard Box !

$5

Have your desk drawers turned into a stationery dumpster where everything is buried under some other things ? The frustrations of just finding a paper clip ! Why not build an organizer that makes use of all the wasted vertical spaces in your drawer ? With the sliding trays design, everything will have a place of its own.
Empty your drawers and measure its length , width and height. Then line the drawer's bottom with a sheet of corrugated cardboard paper.
To make the sliding tracks, cut a piece of cardboard from a box with the same length x height as the drawer’s sides. The middle piece in the photo have a 5 cm high piece ( same height as drawer’s sides ) , a 4 cm and 2 cm piece. Glue these pieces together.

On the other side of this middle piece, I glued on a 4 cm piece. This will create another set of sliding track for the right side of the drawer.
The tracks on the left side are made up of a 4 cm piece and a 2 cm piece. On the right side, I will use a single 4 cm piece. This will create a deeper space on the right side to place bulkier items.
Next, create compartments so that everything will have its own place. The cardboard dividers on the left side are all 2 cm high.
Use gummed paper tape to reinforce the corners. These work better than duct tape as they can be move around after the gummed part is activated by water.
To create the sliding trays, cut out pieces of cardboard that will fit in each level. Glue corrugated cardboard on top and plywood craft sticks on both ends. This will keep things from falling out the tray.
Here's what the drawer organizer looks like with all the pieces. You can watch how the whole piece is put together here.
Everything in its own place !
I fitted 2 sliding trays on the left side and a single one on the other.
Now put the drawer back into the desk and be satisfied each time you open it !

• Cardboard Box
  • Corrugated Cardboard Paper
  • Plywood Craft Sticks

Saltymom

• Miss Daisy

Absolutely amazing! !! Where did you get the corrugated cardboard? Definitely going to try this, everything looks so neat. Thanks for sharing
    • Karen J

Packing boxes are corrugated, such as the ones that Amazon uses to send you things
    • Saltymom

Hi there  I got them at a stationery store. They come in poster board size n a variety of colors.
    • Alisa Howard

I think this person is talking about the corrugated cardboard paper, not the corrugated cardboard box.
  • Bea28434881

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY SEVERAL OF YOU PROJECTS. HOW CAN I PRINT THEM WITHOUT HAVING TO PRINT SOOOOOO MANY PAGES?
    • Barb in Texas

Do a copy print, paste into a Word document, remove pictures that aren't needed, change font size, etc.
    • Ronda

Right click on the page and print preview then view the pages you want to print, and print them. My printer prints on both sides.

• Bonnie Petersen

can I save some of these projects to Pinterest?

• Lisadoll

This is a creative person who has a mind for math! good for YOU!
    My eyes glazed over after the first sentence. Wish I could figure that out!
  • Kimmy

I love the sliding tray! @_@