Diane
Diane
  • Raleigh, NC

Pallet Wood converted to beautiful shelves

My fiancé and myself recovered these pallets from being thrown in the dump. I needed some extra storage in my laundry room area so we built this unit. I also wanted to hide my kitty's litter box so we made the dimensions large enough to store it on the bottom layer ! I then bought some cheap fabric and made a curtain to go on a tension rod. Now my ragdoll kitty goes through the curtain and does her business in "private" and we don't have to see her box !!
I couldn't have been more thrilled with our end result !!
Wood we used ! It was all from pallets we tore apart !
This was the beginning of building the frame and adding the wood to the outside. I sanded each and every board on both sides to reveal the pretty grain! We found oak, poplar, walnut, and even cherry pieces !
I stained all the pieces with a Cherry Minwax stain !
We "bought" some trim from local hardware store to spruce up the front a bit ! Otherwise, it was all FREE recycled pallet wood !!
Litter box fits in the bottom !
Litter box fits in the bottom !
Curtain hides litter box.
Curtain hides litter box.
"Sylee" comes in and out from her new hidden potty and meanwhile I have some beautiful shelves to keep things organized !!!

• Susan

Beautiful

• Cynthia H

Is the litter box always turned that way? My cat would have a fit that she had to squeeze in. It's a gorgeous use of materials!