How to Make a Burlap Bed Skirt

I LOVE the look of a burlap bed skirt, but I don't love the price! So, I made one myself. With very little sewing! And, it cost less than $20!
If you can sew a straight line, you can make this bed skirt!
I used my existing bed skirt and really wide burlap ribbon.
I pinned the burlap ribbon to each end and to the middle of the existing bed skirt. I pinched and pinned it all down. Then I sewed it right on top of the bedskirt. I used an entire roll for each side and half a roll for the end.
The edge of the comforter hides the sewn edge!
DaisyMaeBelle - Melissa

• Rebecca Platt

I actually sew mine on to the boxspring with a long-running stitch! Great idea.

• Dorothy Horner Smith

I love the look of a bed shirk but hate taking it off and on to wash, so I sew mine on elastic then it slips on and off the bed with ease.. and always stays in the right place..