Make Your Mailbox the Envy of Your Neighborhood

$25

Follow along this tutorial and your mailbox will be the prettiest one on the street this fall!
make your mailbox the envy of your neighborhood
I began with a square piece of styrofoam, this one was 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 4.8″ square piece to create this decoration.
I cut out one corner of the square and set it aside to save for a future craft.  This left me with a “V” or “L” piece of styrofoam.
I took this out and tried it on my mailbox.  With wires secured in the ends, I knew this would easily be  secured to my mailbox when my project was completed.
I couldn’t take my mailbox indoors, so I used this small plastic container to use as a stand in for the mailbox while I styled my decoration.
I used my wire technique (you can read more about it  on my Halloween Swag project) to attach wires in each end of the “v” .  Later I would use additional coated wires to attach this decoration securely to the mailbox,  I wanted to cover the wires for a prettier look, so I attached a piece of ribbon with floral pins.  Don’t count on the ribbon with the pins to hold this on your mailbox, though.
Now for the fun, I began by digging through my bins of leftover fall florals and leaves and sticking them securely into the styrofoam.  I didn’t want anything loose since this will be out in the weather.
I continued to build my decoration by adding the faux leaves, making sure that I turned my tub around so I could add to all sides.  This will be viewed from all sides, so I didn’t want any holes in my arrangement.
Here is a view from the top as I built up the sides.
Time to add some tiny faux pumpkins!  I used wood sticks stuck into the pumpkins and then stuck into the styrofoam.
Sunflowers are a great nod to the fall season along with some pretty fall mums and autumn colored berries.
Time to add this to my mailbox!  I am so happy with the color it adds to my curb appeal!  
Surprise your mailman and your neighbors with the prettiest mailbox on the street this fall with a fall decorated mailbox!
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Vicky McCown

How r the wires sucured to the mailbox??

• If you go to my blog here, you will see the details. It is with the wires I instructed how to secure into the styrofoam. You would then add additional wire or zip ties around and underneath your mailbox to make it secure.

• Wba32782074

I love this whole project of yours!! ..Bravo to you! One question ; How did you secure the the wire or ribbon to Styrofoam to secure it to mailbox? You did such a good job I can't see how you did it or where it is secure to mailbox.

• I used my wire technique (you can read more about it on my Halloween Swag project) to attach wires in each end of the “v” . Later I would use additional coated wires to attach this decoration securely to the mailbox, I wanted to cover the wires for a prettier look, so I attached a piece of ribbon with floral pins. Don’t count on the ribbon with the pins to hold this on your mailbox, though.

Attach those wires that hang down from the styrofoam underneath your mailbox with additional wires or zip ties if you prefer. I like the paper covered wire because it doesn't scratch my mailbox and I can get it very tight and secure. I live in central Florida and we get lots of rain and plenty of wind and I have never had any damage, other than an occasional flower come off because I did not have the flower stuck in deeply enough

• Allison

How would you attach something like this to a mailbox built in to a brick enclosure?

• You will want to wrap paper wrapped wires around your brick 'post' tightly and then run the wires from your arrangement down and onto the wire you have wrapped around your brick.