Make Your Mailbox the Envy of Your Neighborhood

$25

Follow along this tutorial and your mailbox will be the prettiest one on the street this fall!
I began with a square piece of styrofoam, this one was 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 4.8″ square piece to create this decoration.
I cut out one corner of the square and set it aside to save for a future craft.  This left me with a “V” or “L” piece of styrofoam.
I took this out and tried it on my mailbox.  With wires secured in the ends, I knew this would easily be  secured to my mailbox when my project was completed.
I couldn’t take my mailbox indoors, so I used this small plastic container to use as a stand in for the mailbox while I styled my decoration.
I used my wire technique (you can read more about it  on my Halloween Swag project) to attach wires in each end of the “v” .  Later I would use additional coated wires to attach this decoration securely to the mailbox,  I wanted to cover the wires for a prettier look, so I attached a piece of ribbon with floral pins.  Don’t count on the ribbon with the pins to hold this on your mailbox, though.
Now for the fun, I began by digging through my bins of leftover fall florals and leaves and sticking them securely into the styrofoam.  I didn’t want anything loose since this will be out in the weather.
I continued to build my decoration by adding the faux leaves, making sure that I turned my tub around so I could add to all sides.  This will be viewed from all sides, so I didn’t want any holes in my arrangement.
Here is a view from the top as I built up the sides.
Time to add some tiny faux pumpkins!  I used wood sticks stuck into the pumpkins and then stuck into the styrofoam.
Sunflowers are a great nod to the fall season along with some pretty fall mums and autumn colored berries.
Time to add this to my mailbox!  I am so happy with the color it adds to my curb appeal!  
Surprise your mailman and your neighbors with the prettiest mailbox on the street this fall with a fall decorated mailbox!
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Wanda Barnes

I love this whole project of yours!! ..Bravo to you! One question ; How did you secure the the wire or ribbon to Styrofoam to secure it to mailbox? You did such a good job I can't see how you did it or where it is secure to mailbox.

• Jo Ann Risko

is there any way you can make a detail if your instructions printable? Could you make them even more detailed for beginners  Would love to do this but not very experienced. I would also love to make a similar arrangement to attach to a corner of my son’s grave stone. We cannot leave anything in the ground.

• Allison

How would you attach something like this to a mailbox built in to a brick enclosure?

• You will want to wrap paper wrapped wires around your brick 'post' tightly and then run the wires from your arrangement down and onto the wire you have wrapped around your brick.

• Darlene mills

Hi, I really like this arrangement and started the process. However I'm a bit confuse on the wire. I even read the instructions for the Halloween Swag. I understand how to put in. I see you used floral pins for ribbon, So I what does the wire do. Need help. Thanks

• Mirian

Love your great decoration.. I see how well you attached the wire.. great idea.. to add the ribbon to hide the wires.. going to do a few of these for every season of the year.. thank you for sharing..

• Karen

Love your craft!!! Awesome project and beautiful results!!!! Thank you for sharing.