Make Your Mailbox the Envy of Your Neighborhood

1.01M Views
Follow along this tutorial and your mailbox will be the prettiest one on the street this fall!
Time: 45 MinutesCost: $25Difficulty: Medium
  • make your mailbox the envy of your neighborhood
I began with a square piece of styrofoam, this one was 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 4.8″ square piece to create this decoration.
I cut out one corner of the square and set it aside to save for a future craft.  This left me with a “V” or “L” piece of styrofoam.
I took this out and tried it on my mailbox.  With wires secured in the ends, I knew this would easily be  secured to my mailbox when my project was completed.
I couldn’t take my mailbox indoors, so I used this small plastic container to use as a stand in for the mailbox while I styled my decoration.
I used my wire technique (you can read more about it  on my Halloween Swag project) to attach wires in each end of the “v” .  Later I would use additional coated wires to attach this decoration securely to the mailbox,  I wanted to cover the wires for a prettier look, so I attached a piece of ribbon with floral pins.  Don’t count on the ribbon with the pins to hold this on your mailbox, though.
Now for the fun, I began by digging through my bins of leftover fall florals and leaves and sticking them securely into the styrofoam.  I didn’t want anything loose since this will be out in the weather.
I continued to build my decoration by adding the faux leaves, making sure that I turned my tub around so I could add to all sides.  This will be viewed from all sides, so I didn’t want any holes in my arrangement.
Here is a view from the top as I built up the sides.
Time to add some tiny faux pumpkins!  I used wood sticks stuck into the pumpkins and then stuck into the styrofoam.
Sunflowers are a great nod to the fall season along with some pretty fall mums and autumn colored berries.
Time to add this to my mailbox!  I am so happy with the color it adds to my curb appeal!  
Surprise your mailman and your neighbors with the prettiest mailbox on the street this fall with a fall decorated mailbox!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Styrofoam Square  (Amazon)
  • Faux Fall Leaves  (I had on hand)
  • Faux pumpkins  (Amazon)
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)