Gorgeous Boho Style Recycled Denim Pillows

$10

I keep all the families jeans to recycle into many things around the home. This time I decided to make some pillows with them.

However, I thought that denim on its own looks a bit boring I wanted my pillows to be a bit more colorful and bohemian.
gorgeous boho style recycled denim pillows
To get that on trend Boho (Bohemian) look with my pillows. I combined my denim scraps with vintage sari trim. No, I don't have any Indian relatives to hand me down their old worn saris. Believe it or not like most things you can actually buy vintage sari trim on Amazon (see here).
I made big long pillows. After measuring my pillows and my sari trim width, I calculated how much denim I would need each side of the sari trim to complete my pillows.
Each side of the pillow was made up of 3 pieces of fabric. A piece of sari trim sandwiched between 2 pieces of recycled denim.
Before sewing the sides of the pillows together I attached the zip. Zips are easier than you think to sew. There is a You tube video on the blog post showing you exactly how to do it.
Once the zip was attached. I pinned the pillow right sides together and sewed them up. (Remember to leave the zip open when you do this).

I then turned the pillow right side out and inserted the inner. I used an IKEA fjadrar pillow pad 40x65cm.
To complete the Boho look I made some giant pom poms for the corners of the pillows. I used a pom pom maker for this and used some scrap yarn I had in colors that complemented the vintage sari trim.

When winding the yarn around the pom pom maker, alternate the colours in thick stripes to create a multi colour pom pom.
When finished my pom poms I simply hand stitched a pom pom to each corner of the pillow.
I love how the Boho pillows turned out. I can't wait to get some more vintage sari trim and make some more.

The vintage sari trim comes in lots of different colours so you can easily find some to match your decor.

A couple of friends have already requested that I make them a Boho denim pillow, so that's their Christmas presents sorted!
I am a bit obsessed with recycling jeans and have loads of different projects on my website.

If you fancy upcycling denim but are not keen on sewing then you should check out some of my no sew denim projects like my no sew vintage denim suitcase.

• Old jeans
  • Vintage Sari trim  (Amazon)
  • Scrap yarn
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Christierei

How wide was your Boho fabric ? ~ C
  • Sharon robertson

These look really great and have an expensive look which makes them look even better I’m waiting to move so when I get my home I’m going to give them a try there great how can I get this how to make them instructions are you able to send me them to my email address I case you can do this please if you have a site with any other ideas can you let me know so I can subscribe thanks sharon my email address issharon2970@outlook.com