Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Tutorial Team
  • Elizabeth City, NC

New Color for Old Pumpkins

$0

I'm updating some older fall decor and these pumpkins and basket are on my list of "to do" stuff. So I'm going to paint them , something different, something more... hmm
I'm going to look on the computer for other pumpkin colors. I found some pretty colorful pumpkins!
new color for old pumpkins
Orange pumpkins, orange basket be GONE  with some paint!
new color for old pumpkins
I started with Marshmallow color from Country Chic (thanks for the gift!) and painted both pumpkins.
new color for old pumpkins
I wasn't sure what color to use so I tested a few out on the bottom of one pumpkin. I like the darker one
new color for old pumpkins
I used a small flat brush around the stalk,
new color for old pumpkins
then started to make lines down the seams of the pumpkin. I used the brush to dab on the line (a sort of smudge). I just followed the lines on the pumpkin! Super easy! Wow they look great!
new color for old pumpkins
I then painted the basket with the Marshmallow too!
new color for old pumpkins
Added some moss.
new color for old pumpkins
Now add a few little leaves to the mix and FINISHED!!
new color for old pumpkins
That is what paint can do! Love  my updated pumpkin basket ! Now they have some character!
Remember if I can make this so can you! Thanks for looking!

• Absolutely love...I have a ton of artificial pumpkins and this made them look SO real. Thank you, thank you!

• Jennifer

Aww thank you Jackie! If you have a bunch of them try different color combos for more realism !

• Linda Premo

I love your look. So much more creative and artistic than plain old orange!!!

• Jennifer

They needed an update so bad that just plain white would have been better but I also needed some color and I love to paint! Thank you so much Linda!