Rai144661
Rai144661
  • Chattanooga, TN

How to Build a Desk (Using Furniture You Already Have)

$25

When I set out to makeover the guest room, I knew I also wanted to include an office space in the room. However, I didn't want to spend any money on a new desk and where is the fun in that anyway? I looked around my house to see what could work for a desk. I had an old kitchen table and a hutch. The two together made the perfect desk with plenty of storage.
I removed the fold-down leaves that were attached to the table. The hutch simply sits on top of the table, but is anchored to the wall.
I didn't want the entire piece to be solid black. I wanted a bit of glam. I "dipped" the feet with gold spray paint and also made the floral motif on the hutch gold.
The hutch came off a $10 yard sale dresser that I now use as a buffet. I didn't need the hutch portion in my dining room though. The hutch is great for storage.

To see more: http://rainonatinroof.com/2014/02/how-to-build-a-desk/