Exposed Beam Ceiling - Before and After

We've been working on refinishing the exposed beam ceiling in our family room since we closed it 2010. It has been a slow and tedious project but we can finally share the results. If you have exposed beam ceilings, do not cover them up. It is back breaking work but so worth it in the end. What do you think?
Exposed beam ceiling reveal. Dark stained beams, finished (and insulated) in between. The beams match the floors throughout the house, and the white paint opens up the space even more.
This was mid-demolition of the house. We had already removed the dropped ceiling tiles that were there. I still shudder when I see these photos.
A little more detailed shot of the finished work. As you can probably tell from the demolition photos, we painted this room and have done lots of other work to it.
Anna [DirectionsNotIncluded]

1 comment