Just Paint - Unicorn Spit Light Switch Covers

$1

After giving the walls a fresh coat of paint, I decided that the walls deserve pretty "new" light switch covers. Here's what I did!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
I started out planning to shampoo the carpet. But hey since it's all empty I decided a fresh coat of paint for the walls was in order. I went with a nice soft beachy blue . First get all materials in order, you'll need (Amazon)
I cleaned my plain dark brown switch covers well and got out my (Amazon) Navajo jewel and zia teal diluted 7 to 1 in dollar store/Amazon spray bottles. Good thing they are only a dollar because two of the triggers broke on me.
Navajo jewel and zia teal diluted 7 to 1 in dollar store spray bottles. Good thing they are only a dollar because two of the triggers broke on me.
First I sprayed the Navajo jewel. I used a mist setting.
Then zia teal over the Navajo. Again in a mist .
Dry with a (Amazon) if you're impatient like I am. 🙃
Dry with a heat gun if you're impatient like I am. 🙃
Seal with (Amazon) and let dry. Since these were a light plastic and I only did one light coat of sealer they dried very quickly
Done!
Done!

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs

• Kimberly Thomas
    Kimberly Thomas

How do I get oil stains off my a drive way
  • Cmacy
    Cmacy

What’s the best kind of paint to use when I want to change the color of a large tin pressed box from bronze to silver, without it becoming too shiny?
  • Wink Harner
    Wink Harner

How did you achieve the spotty look finish?

• Michelle McCaughtry
      Michelle McCaughtry

You set your spray settings on the spray bottle for fine mist, or bolts etc. The lighter zia teal misted a wee bit heavier on top of the navajo jewel and created the spottiness. Which wasn't exactly what I was going for but no mistakes in art right?

• Patty
    Patty

Love this.

• Birdy Daniel
    Birdy Daniel

The reason the triggers broke was because they were cheaply made. Next time save your money in the long run and buy better bottles made in America.

• Michelle McCaughtry
      Michelle McCaughtry

I certainly will - some places where you try to save money just aren't worth it in the long run....