DIY A Fall Sign From A Dumpster Find!

$5

I love making signs from scrap wood and other interesting pieces I find. When I started decorating for fall this year, I started around our entry table. I thought that a small DIY fall sign would finish off the space perfectly and I knew exactly what I was going to use to make the sign.
My mom was at our local grocery store and saw these wood arrows heading for the dumpster. She asked them if she could have them and they were happy to give them to her. She knew I would be able to do something with them and she hates seeing great pieces headed for the landfill just as much as I do.
To turn the advertisement arrows into a fall sign, I first painted them with {aff}: "Coal Black" from Fusion Mineral Paint . When the black paint dried, I went over it all with {aff}: } "Picket Fence" from Fusion Mineral Paint.
I sanded the arrows after the white paint dried and it brought out some of the black paint underneath to make them look aged. I used fall stencils I bought on clearance at Target last year and started stenciling the fall words.
This sign really finished our entry table area and we are ready to welcome the new season with open arms.
To see more details about this project and to find more DIY fall inspiration, head to my blog post: https://mycreativedays.porch.com/repurposed-diy-fall-sign/

• Paint  (amazon)
  • Stencils  (target)

Lindsay Eidahl