$1 Dollar Tree Kids Room Bucket Organizer

$7

Hi Everyone, today we are in Zari's room and muffin is also joining us. I wanted to make an adorable idea I saw about how to build a toy organizer for Zari's toys using Dollar Tree buckets! It looks really cute and works so well as well. Each compartment is for different toys and keeps things very organized. I decided to build the pyramid from 6 buckets and have three levels but you can build it as high as you would like. So are you ready to DIY? Here we go.

For this project all you need are a few colored baskets from the dollar store and sharped edged object to make holes, and zipties to secure the buckets to one another. Projects with convenient items that you can just pick up at a local dollar store are my favorites!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

For this project all you need are:

Projects with convenient items that you can just pick up at a local dollar store are my favorites!
The pyramid organization idea was made from 6 buckets. They are all different colors to add style. 
I first used a sharp point to make two holes between the buckets. 

Next it is time to fasten a ziptie.
I moved on and attached zipties to all of the six buckets, stacking them in a pyramid shape. 
Zari really enjoy's this DIY and it keeps his room really organized. I hope you enjoyed it too!
Please visit my YouTube channel for my other DIY's and organization videos. www.youtube.com/user/rymingtahn

• Jen27027331

Comment... .How about hanging a chain through the middle of buckets, from the ceiling, for tween/teen organization. Or... Hang outside as planters, for us.
    • 16999903

I think I agree on not suspending them for plants.

Some of the plastic items from Doller Tree tend to crack when left outside, especially in hot climates. I have three planters that were inexpensive for planting sugar snap beans. After this hot summer, they are brittle and falling apart. Cute idea with better quality buckets!

• Audrey Bermudez

Do u secure the cubicles on the wall in case the baby feel like climbing?
    • Rymingtahn Daniels

Fortunately my daughter isnt enticed to climb on this and I am always supervising if she did. I also prop it against something and haven't had any issue toppling over
  • Pat Christopher

Great idea!!! I am going to put a few the buckets together for my great-grandson who has acquired a large amount of small cars and accessories. Thank you for your great idea.

• Ilene

Ture. Yet, they are still sharp. I'm sayng, be careful. I learned the hard way!

• Rory McBean

I think this is a really great storage idea! To make the process easier, I suggest using a drill to make the holes for the zip ties.