DIY for a Summer Night

This is my idea for all those summer nights in South Africa, it is simple but it is a great outdoor DIY project. Quick and easy - www.earp.co.za
diy for a summer night, home decor, outdoor living

• Spe6507037

What are the heights of the logs.? Ty

• Pre12239416

Does the wood have to be treated? If so, what would you suggest. In addition, would it be ok for the wood to be 'green' or should it be seasoned? I'm asking because I have a thrift store and I would love to include these in the store, especially around the holidays. Thank you so much for the input!

• Lori Gutierrez

Polyurethane clear will protect, wash them 1st with a solution of bleach, laundry soap and water dry completely, than clear coat it dry completely about 24hrs than coat with boiled linseed oil comes in can like paint thinner. This will preserve, protect from insects, rot and mildew for years only need to retreat once per 1-4 yrs

• Lori Gutierrez

I forgot to add after washing rinse well.

• Jim Letien

Question for Preacherwife3: If you coat it with the Polyurethane clear before the linseed oil, won't it keep the boiled linseed oil from penetrating the wood?
  • Tam6071466

What is best wood, seasoned or green? This will be ouside around my yard.

• Cathy OLoughlin

Do you have directions on how to make these?