Bev
Bev
Asked on Sep 6, 2017

Cleaning of baking pans with baking soda and vinegar what's wrong?

SharonBevChas' Crazy Creations
+8

I've done this and let it sit but it's not cleaning? Instructions were, cover with baking soda and then spray with vinegar to make a paste, let it sit and wipe away to brand new ??????

• Karen Tokarse

Use Heavy Duty Easy Off.
  • Kim

You need to scrub with the paste. I use a green pad to scrub with. You want the paste good and thick, not runny because it is the coarseness of the baking soda that helps scrub. The vinegar helps soften and degrease.
    If the pans have a lot of baked on mess, soak with vinegar first, pour most off and add baking soda to make a stiff paste. You may need steel wool as well.
    : )
  • MIck

1. Cover the sheet with baking soda.
    2. Then add some hydrogen peroxide on top of the baking soda.
    3. Then add some more baking soda on top of the hydrogen peroxide.
    Let site for two hours and wipe/scrub off with course rag or sponge.
  • Rik29402131

I use comet cleanser and abrasive pad.
  • Julie M.

Use some baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and you've got a safe and cheap cleaner that can turn old pots and pans, cookie sheets, and cooking utensils from sad to shiny.
    If you soak it for a few hours in this mixture, you don't even have to scrub it. Put a layer of baking soda on your cookie sheet with baked on foods/oil, followed by hydrogen peroxide and then some more baking soda and...just let it sit. A little while later, wipe it off and you will be amazed at the improvement. Sometimes you will need to do a second application to get off the super stubborn stuff.
    Or you could mix 1/4 cup baking soda and enough hydrogen peroxide to form a paste and scrub in this paste for dirt, grease, and grime on your baking pans.
  • Ebbjdl

What are the baking pans made of? Glass, non-stick, aluminum, let's know and we'll help you with your answer. Baking soda and vinegar is a good cleaner, but I don't think it's what you need to clean your pans. Good Luck!
  • Cin21825342

I use Cascade and really hot water. Let sit for an hour and then scrubs clean.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

This will sound weird but I have had great luck with it...

Depending on the size of the pan, place 1/8 cup dish soap in pan and fill with water about 1/2 way. Make sure the water covers the entire burn. Add 1 dryer sheet. Let sit for several hours - I usually let it sit overnight. The next morning drain out the water, use the dryer sheet or scrub brush to scrub out all the "stuff". Should come out easy and not a lot of muscle to get it clean. Good luck!
  • Bev

They are metal aluminum and with many ridges thruout. I actually know that part of my problem was I didn't leave it on long enough. I had started a second pan and forgot it, so when I came back I did see the difference so thank you all for any suggestions.
  • Sharon

I'll take a brillo pad any day.