Is there any way to get a urine stain out of a mattress?

+10
  • Cin21825342 Cin21825342 on Sep 06, 2017
    The stain can be gone using OxyClean and hot water but the urine will still be there lurking in your mattress.
  • FL FL on Sep 06, 2017
    Yup! this site gives instructions on removing both wet and dry urine stains from a mattress. Good luck! http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Urine-Stains-from-a-Mattress
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Sep 06, 2017
    Here is an article that might be helpful - https://www.whatsupfagans.com/how-to-remove-pee-stain-from-mattress/ - good luck
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 06, 2017
    It depends how long it's been like that. Try some products that are made for cats and dog urine. Most of them smell good, and are easy to use. Try Nature's Miracle w Oxy Power stain and odor. Good Luck!
  • Marjie Mack O'Connor Marjie Mack O'Connor on Sep 06, 2017
    What kind of urine: pet or human?

I've never used this on a mattress, but as a multi-pet owner, I think my first try would be white vinegar (50/50 mix with water) sprayed directly on a relatively fresh stain.

Get the stain wet, blot it with a dry towel, and repeat as necessary. "Rinse" by spraying with plain water and blotting to get rid of the vinegar smell. Again, repeat as necessary. Let it dry completely before making the bed.

Or or you can try a commercial stain-and-odor remover designed for pet urine on carpets. I'm a fan of Nature's Miracle products. There's one specifically for use as a laundry additive; you might want to start there, since it's designed for use on fabrics.

My guess is there might be some differences depending on the kind of mattress: memory foam, traditional, etc. You could call a mattress store or the customer-service number at the mattress manufacture.

Good luck!
  • Amanda Amanda on Sep 06, 2017
    I have used a mixture of dishsoap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. I mixed it all in a spray bottle and sprayed it on the stain. I let it dry completely then vacuumed up. You may need to do it a few times but it worked. You can also add a few drops of essential oils. Here is a link where I found it.

• Hb Hb on Sep 06, 2017
    Try peroxide , wet stain really well and let sit and dry .repeat as necessary . It will depend on how old the stain is as to how many applications you might need to do . Best to do it when it is fresh . The peroxide will break down the stain and if it soaks into the inside of the mattress it wont hurt it , it will just take longer to dry .
  • Hb Hb on Sep 06, 2017
    I meant to say wet the stain really well with the peroxide.
  • Amanda Amanda on Sep 06, 2017
    I had success but had to do it 2 times. Good luck!