Vintage Vanity Makeover

$200
2 Weeks

This girly little vanity needed something extra feminine.
Before...
This little beauty was on the curb (gasp!). Yes. On. The. Curb. This before shot was taken after the scrubdown. I know many painters use fancy cleansers, but I like plain old soap and water.
Here she is on the workbench. Pieces of trim were falling off so they were repaired and taped down during the " get good and dry" stage.
Drawer prep
I like a really smooth surface for the prints. The trim was chewed up and partially missing. I removed as much as I possibly could, filled gaps with wood putty and sanded down. I chose some girly corsets with a crackled pink and brown theme.
Decoupage
I Decoupaged the print over the face of both drawers and cut the trim with my cheapo exacto from Michaels. Works like a charm. The edges get sanded down with a sanding sponge to avoid that sharp-edged Decoupagey look.
Stripes for the sides using Frog tape.
Frog tape
Stripes for the sides using Frog tape. I chose a brown on brown look for this piece. both shades are from Miss Lillian's No Wax Chock Paint. French Roast is a deep matte brown and Cashmere is brown metallic that compliments the deeper shade really well.
Stripes and polka dots?? Yes yes!!
I also used crackle glaze on the drawer fronts to match the crackle in my prints. The base is rosebud and gave a little hint of pink popping through the crackle. Polka dots, metallics, pink paint, stripes, corsets?? Oh my!
And done! I'll share some closeups..
Thank you so much for Following Tamara Lee Designs. Find more of my creations on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etsy.. and right here in Hometalk!!
Cheers🍸
Tammy

• Diena Cameron

Did the mirror come with the vanity ??? If it did, lucky you.....but if you put the two together, you did a really great job matching the two up ! The vanity came out beautifully, great job and thanks for sharing.
  • JaneyLittle46

just wondering was the mirror on the curb also it turned out beautiful
    • Penny

you do great work...just beautiful!

• Ali Kay

What is chock paint? Or is it a typo? Should it be chalk paint?