Inexpensive Laundry Room Makeover

$40
1 Day

When we bought our house almost 17 years ago it was only 1 1/2 years old. Sadly it was not in the best of shape when we bought it. Over the years we have updated it, fixed things that broke, all the things you do to your home. Then there is my entry way laundry room. This is not a room I spend "quality" time in. I have mostly ignored it, done a few things here and there to better organize it, etc.

Recently I noticed that the cabinets were turning yellow in between the cracks.  It started to annoy me and I decided to give the room a little love - but on a very tight budget.
For my paint - I used Dixie Belle Paint in the colors Hurricane & Fluff.
I painted the edges of the cabinets in the Fluff and the back ledge in the Hurricane.  I also painted the yellowing part of my washer and drier in the Hurricane as well.
Once the paint was dry, I was ready for the cabinets.  I had bought some contact paper online.  I place the contact paper on all the doors and the sides of the cabinet.
When the contact paper was all in place I was ready I put new handles on the cabinets. I also used Polycrylic to coat my Dixie Belle Paint on the ledge in the back.
I added a peel and stick back splash to the laundry sink as well.
I have baskets above my washer and dryer.  I put these up because seems like things were always falling behind the washer and dryer and it added extra storage.  I decided to give them a face lift too by spray painting them with Rustoleum spray paint.
Once those basket dried I put them back up in my laundry room.
I was done in one day and had a fresh new look! Now I need to upgrade my laundry tub and faucet... that'll be next :)

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Ohiorn
    Ohiorn

Beautiful! Have you had any issues with the contact paper of backsplash due to humidity?

• Chas' Crazy Creations
      Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you and great question. I am pleased to say I did this room over a year ago now and it's holding up great. Looks as good as the day I did it :)

• Nancy galvin
    Nancy galvin

Where did you get the baskets over the washer and dryer ?

• 49067370
    49067370

Why did you paint the edges of your washer and dryer with Fluff before painting them with Hurricane?

• Chas' Crazy Creations
      Chas' Crazy Creations

I was originally only going to paint them white, but then the two whites didn't match. So I changed it completely.