D.I.Y Crate Shelf

$35

I had so much fun making this crate shelf. I'm so glad I made this because I've been looking for something just like it but there so expensive and this in total was under $35 dollars which is AWSOME!! I hope you guys enjoyed this video and find it helpful

What I used:
9 small crates 9x9 something (Walmart or dollar tree) (how ever many you want)
2 coral spray paint (any color) (u might only need 1 if u already know how to use it)
zip ties
1 foamboard
ruler
pencil
exact-o knife or knife

1. First thing is arrange the crates exatly how you want them to be

2. Once you figured how you want them grab your zip ties and zip tie them. Make sure it's really secure so they don't fall apart .

3. Then once you got them all zip tied and secure go ahead and cut the extra ties as close as you can get them

4. After that find an area where you can spray paint the shelf either on the ground it self or under a blanket or a piece of wood anything really something that you don't care that get paint on it

5. Spray paint the shelf and follow the directions on the spray paint

6. Let it dry according to the spray paint directions

7. Once it's dried it time to measure the inside bottom of the crate

8. The with the foam board measure out the measurement that you got from the inside bottom of the crate with a pencil and a ruler

9. Once that is done go ahead and take a exact-o knife or a knife and the ruler and start cutting the line you created to the foam board

10. Do all for however many crate's you have

11. Once done it's time to hang

12. Use any thing that u want to hang it with hooks, or nails which ever you prefer

13. The hang it up make sure it is really secure

14. Then last thing is decorate it with whatever you want to use it for. I used mine
for my make-up but you can use it for school, bathroom things, small clothes pretty much whatever you want

That is how you make the D.I.Y Shelf Crate I hope you like it and give it a try it was a very fun project to make thanks for watching
d i y crate shelf
Arange to how you want it
d i y crate shelf
Zip ties them together after you arange them to your liking then cut off excess zip ties

d i y crate shelf
Spray paint the crates
d i y crate shelf
Let dry
d i y crate shelf
Then measure out the bottom inside of the crates on the foam board
d i y crate shelf
once measured and cut insert them into the crate adjust size if needed
d i y crate shelf
d i y crate shelf
The finished look

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Small crate 9x9 something

To see more: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eeN20GfjSJI

• Jean

Why did you put foam board in some of the bottoms and not others?
    • Shawna-Nichole Y. Escala

i put foam boards because if something spills or anything would happen it would be an easy clean up and i did not put any foam board on those spots it's because the stuff i wanted there were already the size of the crate and if i did it, it wouldn't have fit there. You don't really have to put the foam board there if you don't like it i just it because I wanted to and like i said easy clean up if something spilled that's all
  • Mpv26632059

Query: I am using spray paint but it is dropping sploches. Is there a way to stop this. I shake and shake it but as I spray it leaves great blobs that I have to use a brush to smear it over the object.
    • Val

You are not moving in a sweeping motion fast enough and probably too close. If your spray paint starts to drip, immediately blotch it with a paper towel. Let it dry and lightly spray over it again and it will be perfect! I spray everything!!!

• Pat

What were the hooks used for?