I am looking for a nice turquoise colour to paint my cottage walls.

+8
The kitchen and living are all one room. Looking for a beachy colour.
q i am looking for a nice turquoise colour to paint my cottage walls
  • Peg Peg on Sep 09, 2017
    You can have a paint color mixed to your specification at any hardware store that carries paint.
  • Peg Peg on Sep 09, 2017
    Check with your local hardware stores that sell paint. Most can mix paint colors to your specification.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 09, 2017
    It will be in your best interest to get paint charts as a start.
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Sep 09, 2017
    I would get color swatches from the paint department and hold them up, then if you narrow it down, you can even get small samples of a few, swipe some on your wall and stand back and see which one you like best.
  • Alyssa Alyssa on Sep 09, 2017
    For a light color, consider Sherwin Williams "Sea Salt." For a medium shade, Benjamin Moore's "Wythe Blue" is gorgeous. For a really bright color, try Benjamin Moore's "Florida Keys Blue."
    • Car9469183 Car9469183 on Sep 09, 2017
      I was looking at Stratton blue below Wythe but not sure. Have you used Wythe Blue?
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Sep 09, 2017
    Get various paint samples from a paint store tape them to your wall. Then move them to another wall as the different lighting will change the color.
  • Kar28903899 Kar28903899 on Sep 09, 2017
    I find that you can get a subtle color by choosing a color you like however intense and have them mix a gallon with colorant for a quart or pint. Doing I this way means that you can get more if you need it.
  • Barb Barb on Sep 09, 2017
    That will look amazing for your cottage and here's a few ideas. I think a entry way wall will look great then into the next room a full color.
  • Alyssa Alyssa on Sep 09, 2017
    I've only used it on a front door, not on an entire room. Stratton blue is a great color, just a little deeper and darker than Wythe blue. With your light cabinets, ceiling and trim, I'll bet your room could pull it off beautifully!