Allie Wachter
Allie Wachter
  • Philadelphia, PA

How To Build A Garment Rack

$50.00

We all want more storage, right? That’s why I built a garment rack that will eventually go in our basement. We have so much overflow that we ended up using all the closet space in our office for extra jackets, wedding dresses, etc. Doesn’t help that since we have an old house, we have some pretty small closets. Eventually I would love to get some canvas hanging bags for when storing out of season items on this.This was my first time working with piping, and I loved it!
how to build a garment rack, closet, storage ideas
Supplies that are needed.
Supplies that are needed.
Working from the right to the left, I screwed the floor flange into the boards and then started adding the piping.
With the right floor flange screwed down, and the piping screwed down.
Halfway done!
Halfway done!
Allie Wachter

• Candy

how did you attach the planks together? pegs? wood glue? Thanks!

• Candy

@Allie Wachter oh, Cool! It's such a smooth finish. Thanks for the quick reply :) It's gorgeous! Think I'm going to try it out ;) Well done.

• Beverly Alley

I would guess that PVC wouldn't be strong enough to hang clothing on, it would bend and snap.

• Tams

This is awesome! Seen this and I instantly knew what to do with all these shower curtain rods!!! Thank ya kindly