Turn a Plain Wall Into a Brick Wall!

$1800
4 Weeks
Advanced

I love interior brick walls - like the kind you see in Manhattan lofts. Did you know they make real brick that's only a quarter inch thick? It's called brick veneer and you can't tell the difference. You really can have a real brick wall in your home and do it yourself. I did! See the whole story at www.mycrappyhouse.com
Here's a close up of the real brick wall I installed in my house. (Mortaring in progress here)
My naked walls.
The process involves screwing special sheet metal panels to the wall, then affixing the brick.
You use mortar just like a real brick wall because it IS a real brick wall - just thinner. I love how this turned out! See more at mycrappyhouse.com.

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
My Crappy House

• Jan Roberts
    Jan Roberts

Can this brick be used outside?

• My Crappy House
      My Crappy House

Hi Jan, Yes, this is real brick and mortar, so you could definitely use it outside with proper adhesive. You might not need to use the metal sheets I used behind the brick if you're installing on concrete. I would ask your local masonry supply.

• Lorraine Pagnotta
    Lorraine Pagnotta

I love that there are different tones to the brick. What color did you use?

• MONICA
    MONICA

how do you hang things on a wall with brick veneers? For example if you want to put a rail to hand pots.

• My Crappy House
      My Crappy House

Hi. For light things like pictures, I just drilled pilot holes, then put screws in. For heavier things like mounting the TV, I put in wall anchors.