MAKING THE CUTEST DIY PALLET COUCH

$70

Hey everyone!

Karen and I weren't quite done with our house yet, and one of the things we needed was a comfortable couch. Before building this we had no place to sit at all since we had just moved in.

Let me show you how we went about building it. The process is simple. First you buy pillows or square sponges as well as a glue gun and some pallets. Also pick up the type of material you want to cover the sponges for the cusion.

I got my hot glue and began to glue it all together to create the couch pillows. There will be pillows for the bottom and the side pillows. We will then take the pillows and place them on some painted and sanded pallets. 

Let's start with the pillows. Cut the fabric to size and simply glue it with your glue gun and then fold it over and glue it so the fabric covers the whole sponge. 

We first made one that was extra long to be the cushion for where you sit.
Then we did this process a few times over with the other size cushions we wanted. So we did it for a bunch of side pillows for where our backs would lean against and we did so by measuring the fabric as well as the sponges to fit. Fold and glue as you did before.
We finally had all of the cushions ready!

They are a bit rough at the edges so we don't want anyone getting splinters especially since we are all sitting on them. I sanded the surface with the electric sander, but the edges and spaces were easier to do by hand and allowed me to reach every nook and cranny.
After the pallets were smoothed by the electric sander, it was off to painting the pallets.

Karen painted the pallets in white which will go great with our room. It will go nicely with the black fabric on the pillows as well. So excited to show you how it came out and looks in our living room! 

We finally took the cushions and painted pallets up to the living room for assembly. It was simple.

We just stacked two pallets in three piles and added the cushions and pillows! It is so comfortable! Please share and subscribe if you liked this video and please comment what you think :)   Total cost of the DIY pallet Couch was only 70$!
Here is how it ended up looking.
Enjoy the video to see the whole process from beginning to end.

To see more: https://goo.gl/ZJ4OdN

• Faith

do you nail the pallets as well before you sit on it

• Laura Capaldo

When I did this project a few years back I screwed them together. It kept them in place e better I felt than nails.

• Sue Sanders

Wondering why you didn't trim the boards even with rest at the bottom part on

the floor. Also if could put a 1/4" thick solid board to cover the boards where your legs come down in the front of the couch.

• Lisa West

I live the look of pallet furniture. My problem is how do you keep spiders from moving in to the couches? That has been my biggest fear and the reason why I haven't built one. Is there spray to use safely for inside if you have kids and animals? Yes I have such a phobia of spiders. After living in Missouri I have seen what the brown recluse can do to some one. Black widows are not nice either.

• V

This bug spray last for 80 days. It worked well for my daughters wedding, outside and in a tiered amphitheater with grass in between. I’ve used it inside too.

i can’t seem to post the picture so the recipe is:

-3 cans stale beer

-3 cups Epsom salt

-large bottle of cheap mouthwash.

Mix together and dissolve salts. Put in spray bottle.

i made a gallon and sprayed on Wednesday and the wedding was on Friday.

• Lori Flood-Mclaughlin

I want to do this for a while "thinking 🤔 maybe for outside sitting area and a tent like for shade well ✔ done ty for sharing

• Christine

I'm curious about where you live ~ I lived in Mazatlan, Mexico for a long time and the streets and homes look like the ones in your photos. :)