MAKING THE CUTEST DIY PALLET COUCH

$70

Hey everyone!

Karen and I weren't quite done with our house yet, and one of the things we needed was a comfortable couch. Before building this we had no place to sit at all since we had just moved in.

Let me show you how we went about building it. The process is simple. First you buy pillows or square sponges as well as a glue gun and some pallets. Also pick up the type of material you want to cover the sponges for the cusion.

I got my hot glue and began to glue it all together to create the couch pillows. There will be pillows for the bottom and the side pillows. We will then take the pillows and place them on some painted and sanded pallets. 

Let's start with the pillows. Cut the fabric to size and simply glue it with your glue gun and then fold it over and glue it so the fabric covers the whole sponge. 

We first made one that was extra long to be the cushion for where you sit.
Then we did this process a few times over with the other size cushions we wanted. So we did it for a bunch of side pillows for where our backs would lean against and we did so by measuring the fabric as well as the sponges to fit. Fold and glue as you did before.
We finally had all of the cushions ready!

They are a bit rough at the edges so we don't want anyone getting splinters especially since we are all sitting on them. I sanded the surface with the electric sander, but the edges and spaces were easier to do by hand and allowed me to reach every nook and cranny.
After the pallets were smoothed by the electric sander, it was off to painting the pallets.

Karen painted the pallets in white which will go great with our room. It will go nicely with the black fabric on the pillows as well. So excited to show you how it came out and looks in our living room! 

We finally took the cushions and painted pallets up to the living room for assembly. It was simple.

We just stacked two pallets in three piles and added the cushions and pillows! It is so comfortable! Please share and subscribe if you liked this video and please comment what you think :)   Total cost of the DIY pallet Couch was only 70$!
Here is how it ended up looking.
Enjoy the video to see the whole process from beginning to end.

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

To see more: https://goo.gl/ZJ4OdN

• User

Where did you get the foam?
    • Slava litvin

Bought it in a home deparment store ..
      its called coral in Ecuador . Idk where you’re from but you can even buy it on amazon
    • Mary

I just ordered some foam cushions for a project off of Ebay
    • User

Thanks.
    • Pauline

Joanne's sells foam.
    • Holly Harwood

Some areas have foam rubber shops. There's one in El Cerrito, CA. Also, factories will sometimes sell leftover cuts for cheap.
  • Renee Vlna

What kind of glue did you use to make the cushions
    • Slava litvin

regular hot glue
    • Holly Harwood

I assume they used fabric glue. You could also staple the fabric like we did in the 70s or use a stitching awl to sew vinyl, canvas or denim by hand.
    • Holly Harwood

I'm wrong. They used a glue gun, which generally come with sticks of glue to use.
  • Pam Morris

How do you keep them from sliding away from the wall when you sit?
  • Edith M. Harless

Where did you find the perfectly spaced pallets ? They look great,but all the pallets I find are never two alike.
    • Slava litvin

we went to a construction store. they use the pallets for shipments.. $3 each
  • Saulvaldez

Can you share how long it took the both of you to complete the project? Two days? Three days? I'm sure it took some time to sand the pallets and paint as well as wait time for the paint to dry?
    • Slava litvin

the cousins took us around3 hours to complete, the pallets took us another 4 hours to clean/paint and then we let it dry overnight. assembling took around 20 minutes.
      so total like 7-8 hours of work (not including going shopping for everything.)
  • Annette

Do the pallets on top ever shift?
  • Jea9459718

Where did you get the cusions...
    and what was the density?
  • Angela

I was wondering if the pallets stay put on the wood floor, and if you put some rubber rug mats on the bottom if it would deter scratches.

• Lena Parker

Where did you get your pallet from and are these the one that you can use as furniture

• RebeccaW62

He/She says the name of the place in the video.

• Trish106

Go to freecycle.com or trashnothing.com ask for wanted pallets someone always have them. They are almost always free.

I have one person that says if you take the last one to please email so he can replenish.

• Paula

Most of the garden centres have pallets that they are happy to give away for free.

• Faith

do you nail the pallets as well before you sit on it

• Laura Capaldo

When I did this project a few years back I screwed them together. It kept them in place e better I felt than nails.

• Sue Sanders

Wondering why you didn't trim the boards even with rest at the bottom part on

the floor. Also if could put a 1/4" thick solid board to cover the boards where your legs come down in the front of the couch.

• Trish106

By covering the front with boards stops dirt and dust collecting under.

• Annie M.

I would think to rest possibly your drink or cups. Or put a pillow there when you want to lay down.

Make it work for other uses!😊

• Dickie L.

Maybe it's a place to sit drinks or something

• Lisa West

I live the look of pallet furniture. My problem is how do you keep spiders from moving in to the couches? That has been my biggest fear and the reason why I haven't built one. Is there spray to use safely for inside if you have kids and animals? Yes I have such a phobia of spiders. After living in Missouri I have seen what the brown recluse can do to some one. Black widows are not nice either.

• Stephanie Dickson

Peppermint oil mixed with water in a spray bottle will keep pests away. My brother was bit by a Brown rescluse and it was pretty rough. I'm not a fan either! I grew up in Florida with mosquitos! Ugggg I hate those buggers!

• Barbara Lux-Smith

You definitely need to plant mint in pots and, if you don't have cats, essential oil in mint (spearmint or peppermint, it doesn't matter) and spray your window sills, corners and inside your cupboards. Spiders hate the smell of mint. You can make your own household cleaner spray with Dawn dishwashing soap, mint essential oil and water. Clean your floors and nonporous surfaces with it. I haven't seen a spider in almost a year! Good luck!

• LorriLJ

Spiders can live under normal couches and chairs also. My mom has her house sprayed outside and it keeps them away from outside and in.

• V

This bug spray last for 80 days. It worked well for my daughters wedding, outside and in a tiered amphitheater with grass in between. I’ve used it inside too.

i can’t seem to post the picture so the recipe is:

-3 cans stale beer

-3 cups Epsom salt

-large bottle of cheap mouthwash.

Mix together and dissolve salts. Put in spray bottle.

i made a gallon and sprayed on Wednesday and the wedding was on Friday.

• Lori Flood-Mclaughlin

I want to do this for a while "thinking 🤔 maybe for outside sitting area and a tent like for shade well ✔ done ty for sharing

• Christine

I'm curious about where you live ~ I lived in Mazatlan, Mexico for a long time and the streets and homes look like the ones in your photos. :)