MAKING THE CUTEST DIY PALLET COUCH

$70

Hey everyone!

Karen and I weren't quite done with our house yet, and one of the things we needed was a comfortable couch. Before building this we had no place to sit at all since we had just moved in.

Let me show you how we went about building it. The process is simple. First you buy pillows or square sponges as well as a glue gun and some pallets. Also pick up the type of material you want to cover the
making the cutest diy pallet couch
I got my hot glue and began to glue it all together to create the couch pillows. There will be pillows for the bottom and the side pillows. We will then take the pillows and place them on some painted and sanded pallets. 

making the cutest diy pallet couch
Let's start with the pillows. Cut the fabric to size and simply glue it with your glue gun and then fold it over and glue it so the fabric covers the whole sponge. 

making the cutest diy pallet couch
We first made one that was extra long to be the cushion for where you sit.
making the cutest diy pallet couch
Then we did this process a few times over with the other size cushions we wanted. So we did it for a bunch of side pillows for where our backs would lean against and we did so by measuring the fabric as well as the sponges to fit. Fold and glue as you did before.
making the cutest diy pallet couch
We finally had all of the cushions ready!

They are a bit rough at the edges so we don't want anyone getting splinters especially since we are all sitting on them. I sanded the surface with the electric sander, but the edges and spaces were easier to do by hand and allowed me to reach every nook and cranny.
making the cutest diy pallet couch
After the pallets were smoothed by the electric sander, it was off to painting the pallets.
making the cutest diy pallet couch

Karen painted the pallets in white which will go great with our room. It will go nicely with the black fabric on the pillows as well. So excited to show you how it came out and looks in our living room! 
making the cutest diy pallet couch

We finally took the cushions and painted pallets up to the living room for assembly. It was simple.

We just stacked two pallets in three piles and added the cushions and pillows! It is so comfortable! Please share and subscribe if you liked this video and please comment what you think :)   Total cost of the DIY pallet Couch was only 70$!
making the cutest diy pallet couch
Here is how it ended up looking.
making the cutest diy pallet couch
Enjoy the video to see the whole process from beginning to end.

To see more: https://goo.gl/ZJ4OdN

• User

Where did you get the foam?

• Slava litvin

Bought it in a home deparment store ..
      its called coral in Ecuador . Idk where you’re from but you can even buy it on amazon

• Mary

I just ordered some foam cushions for a project off of Ebay

• User

Thanks.

• Pauline

Joanne's sells foam.

• Holly Harwood

Some areas have foam rubber shops. There's one in El Cerrito, CA. Also, factories will sometimes sell leftover cuts for cheap.

• Renee Vlna

What kind of glue did you use to make the cushions

• Slava litvin

regular hot glue

• Holly Harwood

I assume they used fabric glue. You could also staple the fabric like we did in the 70s or use a stitching awl to sew vinyl, canvas or denim by hand.

• Holly Harwood

I'm wrong. They used a glue gun, which generally come with sticks of glue to use.

• Pam Morris

How do you keep them from sliding away from the wall when you sit?

• Edith M. Harless

Where did you find the perfectly spaced pallets ? They look great,but all the pallets I find are never two alike.

• Slava litvin

we went to a construction store. they use the pallets for shipments.. $3 each

• Saulvaldez

Can you share how long it took the both of you to complete the project? Two days? Three days? I'm sure it took some time to sand the pallets and paint as well as wait time for the paint to dry?

• Slava litvin

the cousins took us around3 hours to complete, the pallets took us another 4 hours to clean/paint and then we let it dry overnight. assembling took around 20 minutes.
      so total like 7-8 hours of work (not including going shopping for everything.)

• Annette

Do the pallets on top ever shift?

• Jea9459718

Where did you get the cusions...
    and what was the density?

• Angela

I was wondering if the pallets stay put on the wood floor, and if you put some rubber rug mats on the bottom if it would deter scratches.

• Barbara

Love the look, great job!!

• Carol Webster

I don't have a question. But I do want to let you know it is sovery cool!! I have a suggestion. I think if I made one, I would lengthen both ends and then I would have 2 end tables. What a fantastic idea y'all had.