Do you know what plant this is please.

+5
q do you know what plant this is please
I have asked a few gardeners and no one seems to know, so please can you tell me I have had it for 15 years or more, they were small bulbs or corms I can't remember, but it is beautiful, and flowers June, my family and I have never seen them anywhere.
kind regards
M Coady.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Sep 11, 2017
    Take a close up of the leaves and flowers so that you have a few close-ups to show and take it to a local green house, not big box store and see if they know, if they don't, they may know where you can get them identified.
  • Big lulu Big lulu on Sep 11, 2017
    Where do you live? That might be a clue.
  • Barbara Robinson Barbara Robinson on Sep 11, 2017
    It may be an Orchid Gladiola.
  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Sep 11, 2017
    Hi Maclewtus :) From what I can see it looks like it might be in the Gladiolus family. May be a Gladiolus Murielae? I think Nancy Turner (who answered above) had an excellent idea about taking some close-up pictures of leaves, flower heads, stems, and take it to a nursery for a professional to identify ;) Thnaks for using HOMETALK for answers :)
    • Mary Mary on Sep 11, 2017
      I looked at the flower you mentioned and I'm afraid it's not the one, mine is buttermilk yellow, and others are fushia pink, but I will take it to my nearest nursery when it flowers again next June, thank you to everyone who replied, the flower peacock orchid that I have in the garden is very similar to the gladiolus murielae.
  • She17150448 She17150448 on Sep 12, 2017
    I would definitely add some bone meal to this sight after the buds appear to "dy" out!
    It will strengthen the bulbs so when they blossom next yr your spot in the bed will be glorious!!
    I agree that they are gladiolus 🤗I

• Mariette Flores Mariette Flores on Sep 12, 2017
    It looks like holly hocks