How to stabalize connection on floor lamp pole so doesn't tip over

+7
This floor lamp has 3 parts to it & there's not a tight connectin when screwed together so it bends & tips over. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Peg Peg on Sep 11, 2017
    You can try making a notch at the bottom of the lamp.
  • James James on Sep 11, 2017
    is it possible to insert a metal or wooden dowel into the center of the pole, if so that should keep it from falling over.
    • Susan Marie Ristau Susan Marie Ristau on Sep 12, 2017
      The electrical cord goes through a hollow metal tube. If I can't reinforce the connections maybe I can take the base off & relace the pole with a single piece. Thanks for your suggestion
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 11, 2017
    As a temp. measure, you could use some Gaffer Tape, but I would take it to an electrician and get it fixed, sooner rather than later.........
  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Sep 11, 2017
    Susan, It sounds to me as though, unfortunately, there must be a piece missing that you are not aware of ... a washer, a bolt, SOMETHING, that will stablilize it and hold it all together. Did you purchase it new? If so you should contact whoever you bought it from and let them know something is wrong.