Ok I need to caulk my bathtub! what is the best caulk to use?

+8
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 11, 2017
    Silicone it's more flexible with temp and humidity changes. There are also siliconized traditional caulks...hybread if you will. Clean all surfaces to be caulked, let dry or the silicone won't stick. There are also tools that may help remove the old caulk.
    • See 1 previous
    • James James on Sep 13, 2017
      it dries completely but usually overnight. and I try to be careful about water over the next day or two. after than you can do also anything to it and it stays in place, easy to clean, stays white color... very happy with this product. remember to clean the area with rubbing alcohol first and dry completely before you use the caulking.
  • James James on Sep 11, 2017
    GE has a product in a tube from any hardware store, it is easy to use, and really works and lasts for years. we use it ourselves..
    • Colleenbitterman Colleenbitterman on Sep 13, 2017
      the reason I asked this question is because in my other bathroom the caulk is what home depot sell as caulk for bathroom but its very sticky so all the DIRT hairs ect stick to it..ITS AWFUL
      So thanks for your help
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 11, 2017
    Waterproof Sealant.
  • Whatever is on sale is fine, important part is the prep work. As long as you completely clean all the old caulk off before you put the new stuff on
  • Babette Babette on Sep 13, 2017
    Silicone. They Will Say On Them If They Can Be Used For Bathrooms.