Lynn Lilly
Lynn Lilly
  • Atlanta, GA

DIY Peel & Stick Tile Projects

$20

If you have not been introduced to peel & stick tile you are in for a treat! I had a surplus of peel and stick tile from a laundry room project I am working on so I thought I would see what other home decor projects I could create with it! I became so intrigued I decided to check multiple types of peel and stick include flexible which I used on the vase on the right in the photo above! Peel and stick tile does not just come in flexible and glass tile but also faux rock, brick, wood and more!
diy peel stick tile projects
My husband and I are guilty of eating on TV tables.... clearly too much because this table as seen better days!
diy peel stick tile projects
We peeled off the top layer of faux covering and painted it white.
diy peel stick tile projects
Next we applied peel and stick tiles to the top to give it an upscale durable look!
diy peel stick tile projects
For the next project, I decided to upcycle the box the peel and stick tiles came in!
diy peel stick tile projects
I just the edges off the box, painted it white and then applied the peel and stick tiles! This box worked perfectly to create a guest bathroom caddy filled with sample size bath products!
diy peel stick tile projects
For the third project I took a $2 candle tray from Michaels and stuck the tiles to the bottom. It transformed this piece into an elegant side table decoration!
diy peel stick tile projects
For the last project I took a piece of smart tile, which is peel and stick but flexible and used it to transform a dollar store vase! All you need to do it cut the tile to fit the vase and stick!
diy peel stick tile projects
Above you can see the both of these dollar store vases transformed into beautiful home decor pieces! I would love to see what projects you have created with leftover tile! Feel free to comment or tune in to my live broadcast on Hometalk's facebook page on Thursday September 14 at 5:00pm EST!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• <a href="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=Aspect+Tile&_encoding=UTF8&tag=lynnlili-creator-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=1542a7cad21c4a1584daa5350189eb25&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Peel and Stick Tile</a>  (Aspect Tile)
  • <a href="http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-7884767-10368321?sid=lynn&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homedepot.com%2Fp%2FSmart-Tiles-18-in-x-0-27-in-Decorative-Smart-Edge-in-Ambra-4-Pack-SE1077-4%2F300879995&cjsku=300879995" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Smart Tile</a>  (Home Depot)
  • <a href="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=candle+tray&_encoding=UTF8&tag=lynnlili-creator-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=83444aaa84ce99def68bc56d4a481fa7&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Candle tray</a>  (Amazon)

Lynn Lilly

• Carolyn Salerno

How did you get the faux covering off? I have a large computer desk I would like to do this to.
    • Ann Ramsay

You don't need to unless this already separating. Use filler if necessary, use a super adhesion primer and then paint.
  • Ellen

Are the peel & stick tiles easy to remove? We live in a rental house and I would love to do something like this on my kitchen backsplash if they're easily removable. Don't want the landlord to be upset.
    • Linda

Found removable peel and stick on Lowes.com. So many choices...what's a girl to chose and which project to start first? teehee
    • Annie C

Instructions with the tile say you can heat it (like with a blow dryer) and supposedly it peels right off without damaging what is underneath. I have not tried that, but that's what "they say".

• Valerie

i wonder if you could cut some thin mdf or plywood. Paint it a color that would work for grout. Then put the peel and stick tile on that.

• Rhonda W

I have used the Smart Tile peel and stick tiles. They are a slightly 3D tile sticker panel. The “grout” background of the sticker is not transparent, so the color of whatever you put it on isn’t going to show.
    • Merry_sherri

apply the peel and stick to plexiglass then you can hang it and carry it with you when you move.
  • Recycler

looks like you grouted the vase?
    • Joe30080721

If you paint the vase white, when you apply the tiles the white will show between the tile spaces and appear as grout!
    • Kate

It's peel and stick tile. I don't think there is grout involved at all. The white showing between the 'tiles' is part of the peel and stick tile square piece.
    • Recycler

oh... then that's super easy! Thanks
  • Debra Shumway Stark

Where did you find the peal and stick flexible tile?? Thanks!
    • Mona

Lowes, Home Depot, Amazon
    • Jewellmartin

I even found some in the discount type stores like Dollar General and Family Dollar. Just one box of one design, in the housewares dept. Good luck! 😇
    • Debra Shumway Stark

Thanks!
    • Marra

I also found some on eBay. I was able to get enough to do a backsplash around my whole kitchen and have some left over...now I have some new ideas.
  • Nancy Kempf

Ilove it,can`t wait to make something with these tiles,can you cut them and if so will a scissor work?
    Than you....
    • Jeff Stone

Yes, they cut easily with scissors. I used them at work in our kitchen area and they are very easy to work with. They cut, apply and reposition easily. Just make sure they are where you want them before pressing the entire sheet against the wall.
  • Patty

How do they hold up under heat and water in the kitchen?
    • Hotheadzmarine.williamson

we installed in our kitchen as backsplash.. holds up great... 3 yrs now... no issues.. at the sink or stove top and even the back of the convection toaster oven.
    • Mary

These peel and stick tiles even work outside with no problems, and it gets to -40 sometimes in the winter
      , I installed these tiles on my stairs off my deck in early fall and they are holding up great
    • Lin4631214

...and any heat or steam in a bathrm doesn’t bother them either. I have a backsplash
      in there I did..beautiful.
  • Bunny

Do you cut these with a regular tile cutter or some special hand tool, or score them with a glass cutter and snap apart?
  • Kathleen Dowling

I need to find these tiles...where can I get them at? Your ideas are beautiful and inspiring.Thank you