Asked on Sep 12, 2017

Yikes! Hot glue on my favorite jeans

Rhonda SJohnavallance82Chubby58
+8

How do I best get High temperature Gorilla brand hot glue out of jeans or other fabric? (drips that soaked through) Thanks.

Janet Pizaro

Try putting ice on it to harden the glue enough to peel off or the opposite place a piece of fabric on top and use a iron to heat the glue to be able to peel off.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Not sure you can? Could you Use Fabric Pens and Make a design around it? or Patch over it........
    • Rhonda S
      Rhonda S

Funny. I did that around an ink stain in college 40 years ago! May go with that flow.
  • Put in freezer and peel off when frozen.
    • Rhonda S
      Rhonda S

I was wearing them. The way I was sitting allowed a little fold of fabric, and of course that was where it dripped! I brushed it with my hand while it was still warm, but cool enough not to leave a mark. *l* I also thought of my decorated jeans as my hippie jeans.
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

Just a thought: Try putting an ice cube over the glue and see if you can get it to harden and scrape off with a flat edge razor blade. If not try a blow dryer or heat gun and use a plastic putty knife and scrape it off.
    • Rhonda S
      Rhonda S

Thanks...it is actually in the fabric. I don't have a heat gun but can attempt with hair dryer. Maybe blot what gets hot enough to melt.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Always a pleasure......
  • Rhonda S
    Rhonda S

I'm going to try to blot it with paper towels as I press it with a hot iron to get as much as I can out, and then if I think it is too noticeable, do a little embroidery or fabric paint to make the flaw into a feature. Wish I had gotten to it sooner, but it is what it is. Thank you all for the suggestions, and for the quick trip down memory lane!