Any suggestions on what to do with empty prescription pill bottles?

+6
  • Cindy Cindy on Sep 12, 2017
    I use them for storing buttons, safety pins, sewing needles, etc. You can also store seeds from your flowers and veggies in them. I don't smoke but I keep a couple lighters and matches in them too.
  • Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Sep 12, 2017
    Do you have a plastic recycling program near you? If you don't use them, let them get made into something else. ;)
  • Judy Judy on Sep 12, 2017
    If you know of a contractor, or a person that does handy work, they love these for screws, and handy tacks, and so forth. NEVER throw these away, for there are many uses for these. Even for the sewing room, for pins, needles, and bobbins, there is lots of uses for these. I have one under the kitchen sink, for my screws, and tacks, and handy items that I need, outside my tool box. Take care, J.
  • Alberta Coulter Alberta Coulter on Sep 12, 2017
    I saw an idea the other day for the large ones. Fill the bottle with a few bandaids, packets of aspirin, a needle and thread, teabags, condiment packets from takeout meals, that kind of thing, and if you wish a few dollars and donate them to a homeless shelter. A small, portable first aid kit, basically.
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Sep 12, 2017
    I throw away sharp items inside them to prevent injury to anyone. Think pins, needles, tacks etc.
  • Mary Rawley Mary Rawley on Sep 12, 2017
    Great for travel, jeweler,earrings necklace rings ,Q-tips loose change
    .

• FL FL on Sep 13, 2017
    Good way to pack Q Tips when you travel, plus jewelry that might get tangled when packed for a trip. Also to store replacement blades for a box cutter and fishing hooks.
  • Mae Garrels Mae Garrels on Sep 13, 2017
    I use the pill bottles for seeds after drying them. Then put the seeds in the bottles and store away till spring, then replant the seeds for summer. The bottles are easy to store in the drawers of my potting bench.
  • Fauxgal Fauxgal on Oct 18, 2017
    x Add a magnet to the top of the one for the screws.