Gretchen
Gretchen
  • Alpharetta, GA

A Wall of Mirrors in the Master Bath

$150

When we moved into our house, the master bathroom had a really long counter with double sinks...and a GIANT frameless builder grade mirror above it. The ugly mirror wasn't even in good shape--it had some weird, discolored spots on it--so it had to go and we had to come up with a reasonably priced replacement. Read about how we safely took down the old mirror here.
a wall of mirrors in the master bath
I love a good gallery wall, so I decided "why not a gallery wall of mirrors?!" and I got to work collecting them. I scoured antique malls, thrift shops, and inexpensive retail shops like Target and finally had a big enough collection assembled.
a wall of mirrors in the master bath
We taped off a space on the floor the same size as the wall so we could figure out the layout. We ended up with one big mirror over each sink and then several small mirrors in the middle. I knew the bathroom would be mostly black and white, so I picked out mirrors that were black, gold, and wood tones to fit in with the neutral with a side of glam metal feel we had going on in there.
a wall of mirrors in the master bath
Here are the mirrors in the still unfinished bathroom....
a wall of mirrors in the master bath
And here they are later, with the cabinets painted and the makeover complete! You can check out the whole finished bathroom on my blog.
Gretchen

• Linda Young

Did you try the 2 large mirrors turned on side with the 3 small ones in the middle? Just asking! I love the idea, and good job.

• Debi Crossman Singer

You wouldn’t have as much room inbetween the two mirrors if they were tipped.

Awesome bathroom.

• Mary jane

I have the big mirror on the left over a single sink. Love

it. I agree you should change the light into something ornate to tie in with the mirrors. Everything in time, right? I love that you had the nerve to do it. For a kicker how about a silver painted

ceiling?!

• Gilberta Augeri

Did you think about making one of the smaller mirrors a 10X makeup mirror? It would be handy to have and kind of disappear with all the mirrors.

• Gretchen

That's a good idea! I don't wear makeup more than a few times a year, so it wasn't on my radar :)

• C Crow

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

• Crazyliblady

I love this renovation. I love the eclectic group of mirrors instead of having just one big mirrors or 2 identical ones. Very nice. I also like the black and white with the bits of colors added in from the old dresser and small figurines and planters. I also have carpet in my bathroom and that will definitely have to go, but I am not sure when.