A Wall of Mirrors in the Master Bath

$150

When we moved into our house, the master bathroom had a really long counter with double sinks...and a GIANT frameless builder grade mirror above it. The ugly mirror wasn't even in good shape--it had some weird, discolored spots on it--so it had to go and we had to come up with a reasonably priced replacement. Read about how we safely took down the old mirror here.
I love a good gallery wall, so I decided "why not a gallery wall of mirrors?!" and I got to work collecting them. I scoured antique malls, thrift shops, and inexpensive retail shops like Target and finally had a big enough collection assembled.
We taped off a space on the floor the same size as the wall so we could figure out the layout. We ended up with one big mirror over each sink and then several small mirrors in the middle. I knew the bathroom would be mostly black and white, so I picked out mirrors that were black, gold, and wood tones to fit in with the neutral with a side of glam metal feel we had going on in there.
Here are the mirrors in the still unfinished bathroom....
And here they are later, with the cabinets painted and the makeover complete! You can check out the whole finished bathroom on my blog.

Gretchen

• Linda Young

Did you try the 2 large mirrors turned on side with the 3 small ones in the middle? Just asking! I love the idea, and good job.
  • Mary jane

I have the big mirror on the left over a single sink. Love

it. I agree you should change the light into something ornate to tie in with the mirrors. Everything in time, right? I love that you had the nerve to do it. For a kicker how about a silver painted

ceiling?!

• Paege

Silver ceiling, yes yes yes!! Beautiful room. You are gifted!

• Gilberta Augeri

Did you think about making one of the smaller mirrors a 10X makeup mirror? It would be handy to have and kind of disappear with all the mirrors.

• Gretchen

That's a good idea! I don't wear makeup more than a few times a year, so it wasn't on my radar :)